• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I always get confused when people say, "I could care less" when they mean, "I couldn't care less." That confused me for years.
That's confusing because they are wrong, the correct phrase is I couldn't care less, as you said.

I hear more people get it right than wrong though.

I always get confused when people say, "I could care less" when they mean, "I couldn't care less." That confused me for years.
That's just bad grammar, I've always assumed it was an american thing because here in the uk I've always seen it said/written "I couldn't care less". This is one of those silly things that really annoy me.

Thats actually not figurative. Its just a mistake people make, the same as using double negatives and such. I could not care less is correct.

What ridiculous sayings are gobsmacking you to total repulsion?

Let it rip, PG not xxx-rated

Butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
I have never heard that one before but the imagery isn't pleasant o_O

What does it convey? A lot of them I can decipher but I am stumped here! Why does someone want....I am not going there...

'Tickle my fancy' - Urgh, makes me cringe

'Bob's your uncle' - who on earth is Bob?

'Don't cut off your nose to spite your face' - as if!

'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' - unlikely I'll have the opportunity to look in a horse's mouth

'Give a dog a bad name and hang him' - awful mental picture from this one

'If the shoe fits, wear it' - one shoe, two feet?

'Many a mickle makes a muckle' - What????

There are too many to list and they're all so confusing :D

A Dutch one: “The monkey comes out of the sleeve now!” Meaning someone has shown their true face, or someone has finally figured out how something works.

" Can't see the forest for the trees " WTF does that mean ?
It means that someone is so focused on the details that they cannot see the "big" picture.

If you take a close-up look at a TV screen, you will see little dots (called pixels), but not the TV show. You have to stand back and view them collectively in order to enjoy the program.

The glass is half full, not half empty! Newsflash, IT'S THE SAME THING!!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom