• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling broken

TeriM

That is how I feel today loving this man who says he loves me but who I have not seen for two weeks. As hard as I try to understand sometimes it hurts too much

Do you want to tell a story, or is it enough to know that it matters that you hurt? And that it's been noticed?

That is how I feel today loving this man who says he loves me but who I have not seen for two weeks. As hard as I try to understand sometimes it hurts too much

Well...I can see how that can be a tough dynamic for an NT partner. Even here I think if you dig deep enough you'll find that for some of us, matters of the heart aren't always measured purely in seconds, minutes and hours. It's just one of those things that makes us very different. But it also doesn't mean or show we care any less.

Well...I can see how that can be a tough dynamic for an NT partner. Even here I think if you dig deep enough you'll find that for some of us, matters of the heart aren't always measured purely in seconds, minutes and hours. It's just one of those things that makes us very different. But it also doesn't mean or show we care any less.
Thank you Judge, I know he loves me it is why I stick around. He warned me at the very start that he has hurt everyone who loved him, that he is troubled. We have come this far and even in a relationship with another NT there would be moments of hurt. I see something very special in him and if he knew I was hurting he would walk away rather than hurt me, but it isnt his fault is it? I just miss him it will all be fine. Thank you for caring xx

Thank you Judge, I know he loves me it is why I stick around. He warned me at the very start that he has hurt everyone who loved him, that he is troubled. We have come this far and even in a relationship with another NT there would be moments of hurt. I see something very special in him and if he knew I was hurting he would walk away rather than hurt me, but it isnt his fault is it? I just miss him it will all be fine. Thank you for caring xx

At least you have chances where I failed long ago. I still think about those relationships. I didn't have a chance...neither did they. We just didn't know about our differing neurologies at the time. Oddly enough sometimes I wish I could tell them...but I'm certain I'm just a minor footnote in their distant past.

At least you have chances where I failed long ago. I still think about those relationships. I didn't have a chance...neither did they. We just didn't know about our differing neurologies at the time. Oddly enough sometimes I wish I could tell them...but I'm certain I'm just a minor footnote in their distant past.
You might be surprised how many might think of you, we never truly forget those we care for. I don't know if we will survive our differences, he has admitted he gets bored but says he can't see that happening with me. Interestingly I think the very thing that causes me hurt is what keeps us together, me not giving him a hard time over us not seeing each other! I think it keeps him interested in an odd way! Love is never easy Judge, I am sure you always gave it your best they just didnt understand that xx

A text from him that that says 'I love you' and I know why I am making this journey with him

New Threads

Top Bottom