• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fear Effect: A game I forgot I had and didn’t play until today

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
Last year, before we all know what happened, I saw the PSX game, Fear Effect, in the library donations. I read about the games before but never played them because they were marketed as an adult franchise, especially since the sequel, and thought there would’ve been no way my parents would’ve bought them for me. However, that’s all in the past and my chance to finally play the games had come so I got to pay for it from the donations for only a buck. By the way, that’s a steal since most aftermarket PSX games (Well, at least the good ones) will break the bank these days.

I found the presentation to be enthralling. The cyberpunk art style and industrial metal sounding music is very inspired. I wasn’t expecting it at all. I also like the cel-shaded character models and the voice acting is good so far. The main character, Hana, is a femme fatale and I already like her. The game plays similar to the Resident Evil games at the time (2000) and Parasite Eve II, just with a quicker pace.

Last edited:
You've got far more patience for this sort of thing than I do, that's for sure.

The controls + camera on this one would have driven me to madness after about 5 minutes.

You've got far more patience for this sort of thing than I do, that's for sure.

The controls + camera on this one would have driven me to madness after about 5 minutes.

I believe why I can handle it is because it feels great to close a gap within my psyche even if the game is dated in that regard.

New Threads

Top Bottom