• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite cover versions of songs...

The recent Eurovision Song Contest featured an interval act called the Liverpool Songbook, in which a succession of former Eurovision entrants performed songs by Liverpudlian artists. I was disappointed both by the lineup (it seemed to be scraping the barrel a tad to have performers who hadn't actually won Eurovision) and by the choice of songs. FWIW, this is my fantasy Eurovision winners covering Liverpool songs selection:

Bucks Fizz performing All Together Now (the Beatles song not The Farm one) - they could even do the skirt rip on "Can I have a little more?"
Johnny Logan performing Female of the Species
Riva performing Sugar-Coated Iceberg
The Olssen Brothers performing There She Goes
Lordi performing You to Me Are Everything
Alexander Rybak performing Here Comes the Sun
Conchita Wurst performing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Måneskin performing Groovy Train, with Tanel Padar and Dave Benton on backing vocals

(edit: Still trying to decide which Eurovision winner would be best suited to cover Day Tripper...)

Last edited:
I just noticed something.
Is Lilliput (of Gulliver's Travels' fame) a parody of Liverpool...?

According to Asimov, the made-up words in Gulliver's Travels don't make sense. But, it does satirize English politics, along with travel writing and Robinson Crusoe. So who knows.

The recent Eurovision Song Contest featured an interval act called the Liverpool Songbook, in which a succession of former Eurovision entrants performed songs by Liverpudlian artists. I was disappointed both by the lineup (it seemed to be scraping the barrel a tad to have performers who hadn't actually won Eurovision) and by the choice of songs. FWIW, this is my fantasy Eurovision winners covering Liverpool songs selection:

Bucks Fizz performing All Together Now (the Beatles song not The Farm one) - they could even do the skirt rip on "Can I have a little more?"
Johnny Logan performing Female of the Species
Riva performing Sugar-Coated Iceberg
The Olssen Brothers performing There She Goes
Lordi performing You to Me Are Everything
Alexander Rybak performing Here Comes the Sun
Conchita Wurst performing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Måneskin performing Groovy Train, with Tanel Padar and Dave Benton on backing vocals

(edit: Still trying to decide which Eurovision winner would be best suited to cover Day Tripper...)
Add to the list: Ell & Nikki performing Relax ;-)

New Threads

Top Bottom