• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite cover versions of songs...

Covers are pure evil. The song has been done. It's just not right with different voices, rythms, instruments, or what have you. Good impersonators, OK. Hard to get dead artists to perform, so if you want an experience beyond listening to the correct performance of a song on a recording, then good impersonators fill a valuable role.
But that's just my opinion. Everyone else is welcome to be wrong if they want. ;)

"This is Halloween", covered by Broken Peach

"This is Halloween" is a song from the 1993 film The Nightmare Before Christmas, with music and lyrics written by Danny Elfman. In the film it is performed by the residents of the fictional "Halloween Town", which is the film's main setting, and introduces the town's Halloween-centered lifestyle.

The way I see it an artist covering a song better mix it up in their own interpretation(s) and at their best they can make it unrecognizable. Makes it an exclusive, individual song kind of like how a live act that knows what they're doing will mix it up when they go to play a song live vs. the studio recording

This is a Danish cover of a another Danish musician's song, I return to once in a while, because I think it is exceptionally good. The way Dorthe Gerlach sings it is superb, I think.

Time of the Preacher - Johnny Cash, featuring Sean Kinney (Alice In Chains), Kim Thayil (Soundgarden) & Krist Novoselic (Nirvana) [original by Willie Nelson]

New Threads

Top Bottom