• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Smells/Aromas & Memories

I thought gasoline would be an outlier. Looks like that is actually fairly popular. Any other takers on fresh paint?

I thought gasoline would be an outlier. Looks like that is actually fairly popular. Any other takers on fresh paint?

I do have a preference for lacquer-based paints. Though I also have the good sense not to make a point of inhaling them either, lol. :eek:

This thread reminded me of other posts of the same nature. Lots of previous comments on the smells/scents we like, as opposed to the ones causing a fight/flight response:

Scents/smells

Smelling things

Which smells do you like?

Nothing beats the smell of bacon on the pan. I don't care where or when, bacon beats that $200 cologne you bought from Macy's each time.

I also have a soft spot for gasoline, though that's questionably unhealthy...

I have to admit bacon smells good... but any pork is like my kryptonite. I am close to being dangerously allergic to it... as with a chili pie incident Friday night.

I once interviewed for a job at Jelly Belly candies in Fairfield, California.

OMG! The aroma from a quarter-mile away in any direction. Heavenly. :)

Didn't get the job, but they gave me a whole lot of edible schwag. :cool:

I love the smell of fresh coffee.

Not sure why but I've always preferred coffee over tea, although traditionally us English are a nation of tea drinkers :D

I forgot about the smell of cinnamon buns, and hay, and machine oil.

Last edited:
The smell of cool rain hitting the hot ground... the smell of sun on leather seats.
Vanilla air fresher (those "little tree" ones) : )
The smell of the dryer vent when out side and laundry is going

New Threads

Top Bottom