• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Movie Scenes

Sabrina

Gentle & brave earthling
Let's post some of our favorite scenes (no more than three minutes please).

If you want, you can comment (it's not necessary).

In The Hunger Games 24 kids fight for their life against each other. They know that only 1 of them will survive. But, they don't open their arms expecting to be killed. They fight, even though they know the odds are not in their favor. What the director of the games says at the beginning is cruel and sarcastic, but charged with a lot meaning. For me is a reminder that even if the odds are minimal, they can actually be in your favor.

This is a scene from the movie Brooklyn. The story concerns the life of young woman from Ireland who is manuipulated into a relationship with a boy from a good family in Ireland. She emigrates to New York and falls in love with a man she meets. In this instance she is volunteering at a christmas dinner at her local church. It's very much like my own life turned out, as it deals with things that are left behind. With the added bonus of the irish singing, as my father sometimes sang in the irish language, with a low bass voice.

Last edited:
The final scene of "Fight Club", when everything starts blowing up and the main character just explains, "You just met me at a very strange time in my life", lol :) Also one of my favorite songs.

KIng Theoden's speech to the Rohirrim when they arrive at the beseiged Minas Tirith, just before charging the orc army. DEATH! DEATH DEAAAATHHHHHH!!!!!

Also, when Eowyn kills the Witch King of Angmar a few minutes later.

I know you said 3 mins max but I couldn't cut this any shorter.:oops: Hopefully, you've seen the movie, and then you'll know just how much love this boy's father had for him. And, the incredible beauty of the human spirit triumphing over evil.

"He is the One" fight scene at the end is cool, but was being mindful of the violence. I can handle movie violence, but not real violence in the news.

Warning! A bit of graphic violence and swearing too. Don't watch this if you haven't seen The Usual Suspects and might want to-- total spoiler.

Again with the extreme swearing--and violent talk. Amazing movie though. Not to mention Dan Aykroyd has an Asperger's diagnosis. Do I get extra points? ;)

WARNING: SOME CURSING/SWEARING
Do not watch if easily offended
Powerful scene between Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio) and April (Kate Winslet) from the film Revolutionary Road. Two great actors giving virtuoso performances (both in this scene and throughout the movie).

This scene from The King's Speech felt as if it was made specially for me, to answer the question, "Why do I write?"
It's phenomenal.

New Threads

Top Bottom