• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Extremely confusing social interaction - What do you think?

Perhaps it only makes sense to people that someone can appear weird until or unless they are informed you have aspergers and assuming they even know what that is (if you didn't back then they most certainly wouldn't have done). To them you are weird perhaps or just confusing and in a group they can all (albeit probably briefly) relate to eachother in how odd you were in their eyes (little do they know why and that it doesn't define the content of your character). This may not be true, but its the best I can assume it to be. It is probably their unintentional ignorance that is in part to blame, don't be too hard on them and certainly not on yourself either, you'll probably learn more in the end (even if it doesn't solve all your problems).
Kind words aren't going to change your situation or the way others do or do not respond to you (sadly, but true), but a shared series of bad or confusing experiences with others on here will at least tell you you're not alone in it.

Yes, but why? What have I done to them other than being extremely nice?
Sounds to me they were making fun of you. People can be d*cks-especially neurotypicals. But if you separate the group into individuals you'll find their strumming to a different tune-strength in numbers. Study sociology and you'll discover what I mean.
Casting that aside for a moment, you seem like a good person. Why are all the upstanding people separated from one another lol!!

Hope I was of some help to you :)

They are extremely superficial and shallow and not worth bothering about or getting upset over.

They can be doing it for various reasons, want to impress someone, want to be in the group with someone so they do it, becouse they just want to do it, becouse they think its funny, becouse they are insecure, becouse they feel powerfull while doing it. etc... the thing is, YOU have the power to make your day a good day our a bad day, YOU have the power to let what they did to you to affect you our not.
If I was you I would shout "What ?! You guys smell so bad you cant come near me ? " ( You know first as a joke then you talk serious method) And then if things got realy bad I would trow them a rock. (Portuguese blood...we are hot tempered). You are the one that controls what you feel and how you let others afect you. I know its easy to say then done, but its like this.
I had to take years and years to learn how to do this...eventualy something made a click.
Hope I helped in something.
:)

Today I was @ university the whole afternoon, a thing I've been trying since this year I am trying to follow my parents instructions and go to class, unlike last year.

Today, I was resting from one class and I went to the university garden -which is, by the way, huge-. There's a lot of grass where people usually sit and talk -since Spanish weather is so nice, you can practically do this every month but Jan and Feb-.

I saw from afar three people I knew (2 girls, 1 boy) -they are not close to me, but they are friends with a close friend of mine. They know me from first year, when I was doing weird stuff and didn't even know about Aspergers, so I was pretending to be the nicest guy possible to everybody, which, as I said before, is exhausting-.
I smiled at them, because they also saw me, and they were kind of staring at me from afar, which is weird. I kept smiling and I started walking towards them, if they maybe wanted something from me or do the usual 'hello how have you been' stuff, in which I'm trying to improve in.

The weirdest thing happened: they kept staring at me and laughing, but walking away from me. What the hell? This kept going until I lost sight of them -they went too far away.
At first, I took this in a funny way, because one of the girls was trying to get it going with me last year; so I thought, maybe they are smiling because they saw me after such a long time. But, I don't know what to think of it, now it is really annoying me when I rethink it.

Were they laughing at me? Were they making fun of me? And if they were -which I wouldn't mind-, why would they be doing it so blatantly? That's the thing that really annoys me, and almost makes me angry.

What should I think about this?
I'm with the others on this: Don't think about it. I spent my whole life (27) trying to figure out neurotypical people and I came to the conclusion that I became more of a observer than a social person. (I should've never left special-ed for their classes. At the time, I was desperate to be normal and tried to fit in and their behavior confused me.) Even in high school, I felt like it was a failed social experiment- Some rebels trying to act all hard and thinking that they have life figured out, others gossiping about others, while doing very little with their lives and the smart ones who stayed out of it all. Don't stress about this. Keep studying towards your degree and interact with other smart people. Those clowns (no offense) clearly demonstrated that they haven't grown out of high school and you'll find out later in life that you'll meet people who never did.

Today I was @ university the whole afternoon, a thing I've been trying since this year I am trying to follow my parents instructions and go to class, unlike last year.

Today, I was resting from one class and I went to the university garden -which is, by the way, huge-. There's a lot of grass where people usually sit and talk -since Spanish weather is so nice, you can practically do this every month but Jan and Feb-.

I saw from afar three people I knew (2 girls, 1 boy) -they are not close to me, but they are friends with a close friend of mine. They know me from first year, when I was doing weird stuff and didn't even know about Aspergers, so I was pretending to be the nicest guy possible to everybody, which, as I said before, is exhausting-.
I smiled at them, because they also saw me, and they were kind of staring at me from afar, which is weird. I kept smiling and I started walking towards them, if they maybe wanted something from me or do the usual 'hello how have you been' stuff, in which I'm trying to improve in.

The weirdest thing happened: they kept staring at me and laughing, but walking away from me. What the hell? This kept going until I lost sight of them -they went too far away.
At first, I took this in a funny way, because one of the girls was trying to get it going with me last year; so I thought, maybe they are smiling because they saw me after such a long time. But, I don't know what to think of it, now it is really annoying me when I rethink it.

Were they laughing at me? Were they making fun of me? And if they were -which I wouldn't mind-, why would they be doing it so blatantly? That's the thing that really annoys me, and almost makes me angry.

What should I think about this?
I would stay clear of them in the future...nothing good is likely to happen...some people are not friend material, Sorry!

New Threads

Top Bottom