• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Excited for this! Please be good!!

At this point, I've learned to never, *ever* trust trailers like this. Ever. For any reason. No matter what. I look at that, and my instant thought is "I wonder how they'll screw over the players with this one".

Dont get too excited until it actually comes out. Remember Anthem, and.... about 5 trillion other big-budget examples at this point. Honestly THE piece of advice I often give to friends lately is: dont even bother watching the trailers. It doesnt matter who the developer is or who the publisher is. Hold back the excitement until you can see ACTUAL gameplay videos when the game releases, from Youtubers who actually have gotten themselves a real copy (as opposed to often-doctored "gameplay" shown BEFORE release).

Also... dont pre-order. I keep wondering how many people remember what the ACTUAL purpose of the concept originally was. Cant be all that many though, or they wouldnt keep freaking doing it now that brick-and-mortar stores are mostly gone.

There, I've performed my negativity role, as per protocol.

Pretty video but only a few seconds of gameplay footage in it, sad to say. There's massive potential in the world it's set in, but there's yet to be be a video game made that does it justice. The Salvation based game had it's moments but was still way off. I hope it's the one that breaks the trend and plays a blinder, but I'm going to have to wait for a nice surprise rather than anticipate anything good.

I watch the trailers for fun. They will almost always make the trailer better then the game. A rare exception being Skyrim.
Also watching new Call of Duty. But am very reserved on it. Seems like a rerun.

And Outer Worlds. Also seems rerunish.

Thus far favorite is Age of Wonders Planetfall.

I can't speak for game trailers, but for most movies, once you see the trailer you have seen everything in the movie worth watching. I assume the same for games.

Usually, yeah. There's a reason why most game trailers... at least, the the trailers for big expensive games... show almost entirely cinematics, and very little gameplay.

What's worse is that the vast majority of "big" games like that are predatory. As in, they prey on people with addiction issues, getting them to spend bat&$@# amounts of money AFTER the initual $60 purchase. There are people out there that have spent THOUSANDS on ONE game. It's THAT bad. Not to mention stories of things happening like kids completely draining their parents' bank account (again, usually on ONE game).

It's all about that greed. The big publishers will do ANYTHING to get more money, if they think they can get away with it. I'm guessing that this is the case in plenty of different industries, not just gaming. But it seems to be worse in gaming because lawmakers are.... well... dinosaurs. They're often the "how do I delete my emails, my computer is so slow" and "what's a gif" sort of tech user. So they're utterly clueless on tech, and the related laws are dirt slow to catch up. I dont even do politics myself... I dont touch that subject with a 300000000-foot pole, and even I know how clueless those twits are.

And then on top of all of that, games like the one in the trailer have one other issue: licensed games are almost always legendarily terrible. Like, the worst of the worst. Reason: people WILL buy it based on the name / intellectual property used in the game. It wont matter worth a crap if this Terminator game is good, or if it's beyond terrible: People WILL buy it, they WILL pre-order it, and no amount of negative reviews will sway them. It's freaking Terminator, and that's all it needs.... and those companies know it. Most likely, there wont be much effort put into it outside of those cinematics. Games like these are also often very glitchy.

There's exceptions to that rule of course, but they're incredibly rare.

All of this is why I dont play AAA games anymore. Just.... just no. Well, aside from Nintendo's stuff. They dont seem to have succumbed to the dark side yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom