• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Excessive spam on Gmail account!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Most of it ends up in the spam box as it's caught by the filter, but there's too much! I have to empty the spam box several times a day 7 days a week.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I get that sometimes too. Some of the spam has a link to put your e-mail in it and they stop sending you spam from their other sites. The Delete button helps too. The bad thing about signing up for anything nowadays will send you spam because of a clause that no one really reads and just accepts.

Topic.

Most of it ends up in the spam box as it's caught by the filter, but there's too much! I have to empty the spam box several times a day 7 days a week.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Doesn't the spam folder auto-delete? I don't get so much spam to my gmail as it's not my main email, but my hotmail gets hundreds (I've had the email address forever and it's the main one I use) and I've never had to empty the spam folder myself.

I double checked and anything in the spam is auto-deleted after 30 days. You can also hide the spam folder if it isn't hidden already.

I use multiple email accounts,some of which are dedicated for use when signing up to what could lead to massive amounts of spamming.

It saves my main accounts from getting blasted by unnecessary traffic.

Doesn't the spam folder auto-delete? I don't get so much spam to my gmail as it's not my main email, but my hotmail gets hundreds (I've had the email address forever and it's the main one I use) and I've never had to empty the spam folder myself.

I double checked and anything in the spam is auto-deleted after 30 days. You can also hide the spam folder if it isn't hidden already.

I have 2 Gmail accounts, one I use for YouTube, and my main one I use for everything else, I also have a Hotmail account I use for Xbox Live and applying for jobs.

Is the spam from the same sources? You should be able to mark those sources so they go right in the trash. If it's a lot from different sources you can't stop, I would just switch to a new mail address and abandon the old tbh.

Sometimes I end up with a couple of spam messages but I guess the main reason of people having a lot of spam is for subrcribing to random or unuseful sites which send you a lot of spam, share your gmail with other sites, etc. I use my main email only on college, work or serious web sites which I "study" very careful to be sure they're not going to send me junk.

If you get a lot of spam you can think of unsubscribing sites you believe are the ones who send you junk. Also you can create a rule in Gmail or add some extensions you consider spam to be automatically delievered to Spam section on Gmail, like all the messages with @spam_site.com (being spam_site.com the web site or email which you don't like) or make a rule in which some keywords related to email containing spam will sent email with those words to spam folder.

This seems to be useful for your needs.
If it doesn't fit your needs then the only thing i can recommend is to create a new mail account.

New Threads

Top Bottom