• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever just... change dramatically?

There seems to be a strong correlation between drumming and ND. Drums were my first love because focusing on rhythm was always much easier than trying to learn chords, even if at first it seems like you're doing a lot of new things at the same time. Would highly recommend, and there are so many types to choose from!

Also, the guy isn't autistic but The Flashbulb (a semi-popular musician) taught himself how to play guitar completely upside-down due to his left-handedness, which always seemed so cool to me. I'm fairly certain he reads music like normal and can do all of the usual things, all the while playing a right-handed guitar upside-down. It can definitely be done in many different ways, and with the right amount of confidence nobody will be the wiser!
Jimmy Hendrix was left handed played right handed instrument. the gut in the teaching video kept referring to the fret markings. Which he stated by number, holding the instrument upside down really screws you up if he had in his first lesson how do you hold the instrument it would have saved me . It never occurred the him a student like me would exist. following lessons upside down and backward and then practicing the lesson does not work. which fret is number one top to bottom or bottom to top.

I know what this is like. Getting past the crippling self-doubt is something I'd never want to have to do again. It seems to be pretty common in those with ASD, especially males.
Self-doubt? What about trauma? I felt so worthless, so unwanted that, not knowing I am ASD, I believed that I was a horrible person, broken, and physically undesirable. I filled my mind with lies that I believed and have been dealing with PTSD when things remind me of those times. I first escaped that at 25 and now at 72 am working to escape the PTSD.

New Threads

Top Bottom