• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever feel like two people, a workaholic and a child?

Kempy

I always seem to act like either of the two, but never my own age. If I'm really obsessed with something like a film project, I will get annoyed with people for not acting seriously. On the other hand, I feel like a 10 year old who likes to climb trees and play with lego. I would love to build a little den under by bed if it wasn't for the fact that it is "childish". Also, I have just turned 18 which means I can't be my 10 year old self any more. They are kicking me out of the Air Cadets because I'm 18, even though I hang around with the 13 year olds there. Nothing has got me down this much in a while.

Does anybody else feel like they are either acting too seriously, or acting like a child?

Yeah, I do think so.
I can never really relate to my age group because I'm over way ahead of them or just don't have the same interests(I SERIOUSLY think about platyhelminthes all the time but whenever I try to talk to people about them no one cares), and then there's things where I'm way behind.
Some people saw me in town today and were actually shocked I could go to town on my own and ran over and asked if I was okay and if I was lost?
LOL.
Yeah. I don't know xD.
EMZ=]

Emor, that's hilarious. I love how people assume helplessness when plain old ignorance will do. By that I mean not understanding others, and in turn not being understood even more so.

Emor, that's hilarious. I love how people assume helplessness when plain old ignorance will do. By that I mean not understanding others, and in turn not being understood even more so.
Yeah, it's happened a couple of times tbh.
People seem to either wind me up or be too nice and there's no in the middle or w.e.
It was nice of them to care but it sort of hurt people seriously thought I was that 'disabled' as such :/. But meh.
EMZ=]

New Threads

Top Bottom