• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Entrepreneurship

RJ Hood

I am a young Aspie adult who struggles socially. However, I would like to use those struggles to help others on the spectrum by planning Autism friendly social events. Does anyone out there know of any successful Aspie/Autistic entrepreneurs, or Autism social/networking sites?

The best way to get in on that kind of thing is to work with established ASD non-profits in the area, if there are any, rather than trying to build from scratch. They usually have the connections within the local ASD community that would cut out the risk, expense, and difficulty associated with trying to do marketing for yourself - marketing to people who are often very isolationist at that.

Working with a non-profit means an existing structure, existing connections, and most importantly the opportunity to network with others in the same business which can open up a world of opportunity. The only drawback is that these organizations are run by NTs, with a heavy presence of mothers-of-ASD-children (IMO, the most insufferable group of people to deal with), so you might have to deal with that ruffle-your-hair-and-pat-you-on-the-head type of crap if you do go that direction.

Best of luck

Been there,done that...

Feel free to PM me for advice ;)

Thank you Nitro, I will keep that in mind!

I think striking out on our own can be the best choice for us, giving us more ability to manage our time and environment. After all, there are things we do better than NTs.

If that was the focus of our education and training, we would be better off.

Been there doing that.

Awesomeness, with extra stress sauce.

I think Aspies may make very good entrepreneurs as thinking differently is required.

There's many silicon Valley CEOs that fit the profile who wound up with autistic kids.

New Threads

Top Bottom