• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Emotions through Autistic eyes - Autistamatic

Autistamatic

He's just this guy, you know?
V.I.P Member
The latest Autistamatic video is now available to watch on YouTube and is linked below :)

This follows on from the last video that focussed on "Theory of Mind" and talks about some of the ways we process emotional feedback differently to NTs along with how it can impact certain of our behaviours. It includes aspects of my own perspective and thought processes so it's probably the most personal of the videos I've produced so far.

I hope you enjoy and, as always, constructive criticism is always welcome.

Quinn.

Quinn, I would watch but I'm getting 'This video is unavailable' here at AF's. On YouTube it's not showing. The most recent one I see is 'You don't look autistic, part one.'

DOH! My mistake. I posted the link just before I changed it from private to public. Please accept my apologies for such a rookie mistake :oops:

Do you ever kick yourself for a stooooopid error? I'm certainly doing it now! The link should be working now - it is for me. Let me know if it's not for you :)

The video was great, thank you! It covered many points that are important. I do feel you've hit the nail on the head in that we take the time to analyse before reacting to a situation and that we're good diplomats because we're more prone to look at the facts rather than the raw emotions when people are in an argument.
I know I've spent many years learning the social mechanisms and conversation patterns, they're almost always the same no matter who is talking. In that way, I can usually predict to about 80-85% accuracy what the outcome will be if I say one thing or another and how to phrase it just right so that it goes where I expect it to. None of it ever comes from an emotional place though, just logic. But, I've also learnt that being *too honest* isn't a good thing, it can be hurtful, so, I've had to on occasion do a white lie, but not sure I'm ever that convincing...

Last edited:
Another well created and informative video that I can't wait to share. I like the way you coordinate your special effects with the topics.

Very excellent and artistically put together.
I related to a lot of things in the presentation.
Especially the part of remembering things others don't or seeing/hearing things others don't notice.
I have had people get mad at me for this. Just because they didn't see something and I did, it's like
I must be lying, imagining it or just plain wrong. Prove it and they get angry.
Same with viewing a situation logically. "How can you be so calm and say that so matter of factly?"
(when they're going crazy over something they don't get), "Because it IS a matter of fact."
That makes them angry.
You are correct. Logic will never be the dominant.
The machine like way of processing fits with me. When you showed the microphones.
The constant inner voice and machanical way of thinking.

Totally agree - we process information differently, meaning we arrive at the same conclusion via a different route, we analyse and see many possibilities. "we get it wrong... where we are expected to distort what we know to be true" - our failure to produce the expected reaction is then interpreted by others as a lack of theory of mind.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. It means a lot. It's nice to hear comments that show people relate to what I put into them. I'm currently working on a semi-sequel to the last 2 videos regarding empathy, which is turning out to be even more interesting to cover than I expected.

New Threads

Top Bottom