• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Emotional support dog

Absolutely, my cats are my emotional support as my dogs used to be. Many members on the site have animals.

Since all of our kids have left and have families of their own, we have support dogs. Five Chihuahuas and they are our babies.

Since all of our kids have left and have families of their own, we have support dogs. Five Chihuahuas and they are our babies.

Five! I thought you only had 4. ???

Dang, well I'll just have to get another I guess. :D

Official support/therapy dogs, no. Unofficially, we have 4 support dogs. All Chihuahua & Chihuahua mixes. Chihuahuas are very personable/close with their owners. Part of their lineage can be traced back to the original people who crossed over from asia to north america. So they have a long backround as companions. Most recently via Toltecs, Mayans and Aztecs, among whom they were considered to have healing qualities. One of their specialties is wanting to be in physical contact so they act as hot water bottles and a kind of pressure therapy plus love.

There are lots of dog and cat people here. It seems the majority are. Would be interesting to find out the %.

I have two dogs, one is my retired Service Dog (125# of dog, and 11 years old this year!), and one I just adopted from a rescue. I was going to train the new one as a replacement SD, but he can't handle the public access aspect of it. He's a 2 yr old German Shepherd. Both dogs are now ESA's as far as I'm concerned, but Big Dog is still an amazing SD when he feels like it. New one has too many trauma issues that i have to rehab before he can be safe in public, but around me and my family, he's a real joy. He even brings happiness to my old dog!

New Threads

Top Bottom