• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

'ello!

Crystal Watson

I'm Crystal and I 'm really glad to have found this forum. Since September '17 when I was diagnosed, I've been looking for a place to go to since I'm still confused about being an aspie and what is good vs bad things to do/say. Ironic as my special interest is sociology and learning about odd, sometimes dangerous, beliefs (conspiracy theories, quackery medicine, etc).

Right now I'm very close to getting my high school diploma and learning how to deal with meltdowns, as I had my second one (that I can remember) last week.

I've joined this site to gain more knowledge on socialization, as last week during said meltdown I accidentally said something that I shouldn't have said to my closest friend. It's gotten better since then, but it scared me to the point of immediately seeking therapy, and for a short while, not wanting to talk to anyone online or offline in fear that I'll come off as "manipulative". :confused:

Last edited:
upload_2018-11-5_13-43-34.png

Hi and welcome! I love Sociology too, I studied it at University :D

You'll find lots of lovely people who can offer advice and understanding of any issues you're having. We're all different in how we deal with things, but maybe one or two comments here and there will resonate with you and help you in your daily life. I've never been part of a more supporting and thought provoking forum than this! :)

Hi Crystal. Welcome to our community. My wife studied sociology too - she went on to qualify as a Social Worker :)

New Threads

Top Bottom