• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Elevated bed head/bed risers

Yes. I have gerd. I used the store bought ones for years but discovered, after my sons visit this year, that I can get by with something not so high so I made my own out of blocks of wood and furniture floor protectors. Not being so high up is more comfortable for me.

I think mine's circulation/breathing stuff, due to aging.

I'm thinking about 6 inches? don't want it too high. gonna start with blocks or something, not sure yet, bricks maybe.

I used this during illness associated with leukemia treatment and found it helpful. They make wedge shaped large foam pillows that are very inexpensive and I used those a lot. I also used an inflatable thingie you can get to put under the head of the bed. It comes with air pump and remote switch so you can raise and lower it like a hospital bed. Someone bought that for us, so I don't know how much it cost, but don't think it was too much. Its noisy but only while adjusting and then it shuts off.

I liked the foam wedge type when I was going through rehab after cancer surgery.
Eased the pain of laying flat.

It's an inflatable wedge you can put between the mattress and bedbase, you can deflate it if you want horizontal for the day or whatever. Haven't seen one in use, it was mentioned on a search I did.

I have Non Hodgkin Lymphoma. It's very similar. But it goes after lymphocites instead of leukocites.

Explain the air pump thing to me. I can't wrap my mind what you're describing.

This is the one I have. I'm hoping the picture makes it clearer. You push a button on the control and it inflates or deflates the bag which you place under the head of your mattress. You can deflate it completely so your mattress is flat like normal. It costs around $200. But I didn't shop.
genie_packaging__.png

New Threads

Top Bottom