• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Easter Dinner's Comin' in a Couple Days

No one will ever put me in charge of sweet potatoes because I don't like them! I do love white potatoes, though.

We're going to smoke a whole duck and a leg of lamb outside if the weather is good (more meat than we normally eat in a month), make potato salad with all those leftover hard-boiled Easter eggs, big green salad, and some kind of strawberry dessert because my sister is bringing me 2 flats of fresh strawberries from Louisiana tomorrow. The rest of the family can bring whatever they want. It will be a feast, for sure.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it.

Don't know about Easter, but once in the Walt Disney World Campground we helped a good friend conduct a Seder. I enjoy all the different rituals.

I'm Messianic Jewish. This was my first lonely Pesach Seder. I just baked myself a single matzo. It was really nothing but a tiny 1x3 inch wafer of flour and water, broiled for five minutes. I removed the chametz as the law commands. It was kinda different. My daughter is here for the weekend. I think we will have a seder tomorrow. But not a big one like most years. There won't be the seder plate or the 4 questions. This is a crazy year. Instead it'll be matzo pizza night after visiting grandpa in the hospital.

Then on Sunday we'll have Easter by meeting up with Grandma at the hospital to visit Grandpa. Then maybe eat at a local restaurant, just the three of us. Afterward my mom will drive my daughter back to her college campus.

So sad and weird, but we're doing our best to all be together and supportive.

This will be my first Easter that I haven't spent with my family after going no-contact with them. It will also be my first Easter with my girlfriend's family.
My girlfriend is from Poland, so I'm looking forward to ethnic menu items. And I don't have to worry about meeting her entire extended family because she and her mom are the only ones that live here. I would've been nervous about that because we are obviously in a same-sex relationship, and Polish families can be a bit traditional. Her mom absolutely loves me though.

Yesterday I went to an Easter buffet thing at a resort/restaurant and I ate everything that was put in front of me lol

I'm Messianic Jewish. This was my first lonely Pesach Seder. I just baked myself a single matzo. It was really nothing but a tiny 1x3 inch wafer of flour and water, broiled for five minutes. I removed the chametz as the law commands. It was kinda different. My daughter is here for the weekend. I think we will have a seder tomorrow. But not a big one like most years. There won't be the seder plate or the 4 questions. This is a crazy year. Instead it'll be matzo pizza night after visiting grandpa in the hospital.

Then on Sunday we'll have Easter by meeting up with Grandma at the hospital to visit Grandpa. Then maybe eat at a local restaurant, just the three of us. Afterward my mom will drive my daughter back to her college campus.

There's a traditional Seder recipe made with matzo and eggs, stirred and cooked together. I forget the name for it but it's delicious.

I am very excited for the holiday in which we celebrate that, against all odds, my great-great-great-great-great-great-(this continues for a while) grandfather laid an egg. He truly was an inspiration and well deserving of a holiday.

Isn't that what all these rituals are for? Connecting and bonding?

New Threads

Top Bottom