• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Easier to get on with the opposite sex

I'd say these women who think you might be gay are a little narrow/closed minded to be making that assumption just based on you talking about your emotions.

Agreed! Unfortunately, it seems in NT society that, to be an attractive male, ones emotions must be mostly hidden. Articles I've read and my people-watching studies show that men generally have rather blank faces and move relatively slowly, indicating strength and confidence to others.. example: a man won't turn his head more than 15 degrees to either side, except in an extreme of emotion; joy, fear, anger. I tried, for some time, to imitate this.. and got hit by a car when I didn't look left and right properly (nothing serious, just embarrassed :D), so there must be exceptions, I guess.
I have developed a reasonable walk and standing still posture now though.. can't get hurt doing that, right? :p
I am experimenting with maintaining eye contact at the moment.. may have to be careful around women there, perhaps, especially if they have large partners :eek:

(I'm female) I feel I have more in common interest-wise with men than women and I feel more comfortable engaging in fact/information based conversation that emotional/relational conversation.

Agreed! Unfortunately, it seems in NT society that, to be an attractive male, ones emotions must be mostly hidden. Articles I've read and my people-watching studies show that men generally have rather blank faces and move relatively slowly, indicating strength and confidence to others.. example: a man won't turn his head more than 15 degrees to either side, except in an extreme of emotion; joy, fear, anger. I tried, for some time, to imitate this.. and got hit by a car when I didn't look left and right properly (nothing serious, just embarrassed :D), so there must be exceptions, I guess.
I have developed a reasonable walk and standing still posture now though.. can't get hurt doing that, right? :p
I am experimenting with maintaining eye contact at the moment.. may have to be careful around women there, perhaps, especially if they have large partners :eek:

I'm pleased, at least in your eyes I did not say anything out of order. You're lucky about the being hit by a car, the way you put it was kind of funny though. [emoji1]
and i'd agree with your cautiousness of large partners.

I'm pleased, at least in your eyes I did not say anything out of order. You're lucky about the being hit by a car, the way you put it was kind of funny though.
emoji1.png

and i'd agree with your cautiousness of large partners.

Heya inabox, I just re-read your posts.. I honestly don't see anything out of order in what you've said and even if you, or anyone, disagreed with me, I wouldn't take offence.. if we didn't have varied opinions, the world.. and AC, would be a boring place :)
And feel free to laugh at my abrupt vehicular encounter.. once I'd limped back to my car in a "That didn't hurt!" kinda way, I found it funny too.. stupid, not looking properly :D
I've had no abrupt large fist encounters yet, but will let you know.. :p

I kinda hear this, from a slightly different aspect.. I used to hang around with all the girls at school because I was just too odd for the boys. I find I can build a rapore with a women easier than men.

But, most of my friends are male - albeit they're gay so I suppose that's a bit different. That makes having "straight friends" a bit awkward, because I don't like bringing it up (because I don't think it should matter) and they talk to me about hot women. Although, I've made some obscure male friends (straight ones too) which is a bit of a first for me.

Although as an adult I'm more "sensical" than I used to be, I still find I'm easily led or impressionable on peoples opinions. Sometimes leads to some internal conflict about my own opinion and how open minded I am (I like to be very open minded)

I don't get along very well with either gender, they always end up disappearing on me in the end. When I do talk to people, I seem to get along with females better.

I get along with members of both sexes equally well (or equally badly, depending on how you look at it). I have noticed that I feel more comfortable talking to people outside of my age group, usually when they are older. Maybe I feel like my peers are going to be too judgmental or something. I dunno. I've heard that this sort of thing isn't uncommon among Aspies, though.

you're right. I have the same and my doctor said thats very common with aspies (answer to soylenhuman)

Last edited:
29 posts in this thread, all but a couple refer to "males/females" rather than "men/women/guys/girls/gentlemen/ladies/etc". Interesting.

29 posts in this thread, all but a couple refer to "males/females" rather than "men/women/guys/girls/gentlemen/ladies/etc". Interesting.

Hey Cerulean, you're right, we've all made a kind of clinical analysis, in typical Aspie fashion perhaps. But don't leave it there, what are your thoughts?

I have read a lot recently both here and in aspie books that aspergirls tend to have more masculine/tomboyish interests, asperguys tend to be more feminine. Both sides tend towards a middle ground that doesn't fit the stereotype for their gender. Many struggle with identity for this reason. So it doesn't surprise me when we tend to get on better with the other gender. The other groups I tend to relate to is other 'odd' people and foreigners.

I am female, and quite emotional, but I generally prefer the conversation and company of males. I feel so lost in most female groups, as the chat is often about things I cannot understand, such as gossip, "He said, she said" stuff, it all feels so vague, uninteresting, and confuzzling to me. :confused: I feel terribly out of place. When males chat, especially in groups, it is often on a topic I can really sink my teeth into, and get my intellectual itches scratched. Science, nature, even "weird news." Yes! A real theme that intrigues!

I also appreciate the generally more slow, measured, predictable motions of males. Females seem to be-bop here and there, impulsively zig and zag.

Males seem to hug slower, firmer (very comfortable/pleasant to me). Females seem to hug more often, and it's often excited, grabby. (Makes me anxious) Really firm, slow, determined bear hugs rock!

I have friends of both genders. I cherish them all.

I find it easier to communicate and interact with women. Always been more comfortable in that situation.

I like both genders and don't tend to get into disagreements with anyone at all, but online I find it easier to talk to men. They tend to share more of my interests and lifestyle choices, so there's a bit more common ground to start with.

New Threads

Top Bottom