• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dungeon and Dragons

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
So I've been wanting to play D&D for a really long time and I've made my Christmas list for this year and included the starter set for the 5th edition even though 3.5th is universally seen as the best. I have pointed out that it's the cheapest thing on the Christmas list and what I want the most so dad can prioritize it.

Is anyone else interested in the game? Tell me about your experiences!

I play 5E every other week, and I'm enjoying it a lot.
I haven't played 3.5, but I have played lot of Pathfinder (First Edition) which is similar, but better.
5E is much more streamlined while 3.5/Pathfinder has lot of math to keep up with.

I’ve played D&D a lot. Started with AD&D (2nd edition) which I played for a bit with friends, but that didn’t last long.
I mostly played with 3.5. I was a player in a campaign that lasted a few years and after that I was the dungeon master for about a year. It was a lot of fun. We used to play every Sunday. I stopped playing because our group kept having issues finding dates to play together because everyone had a busy life and a few of us had to work weekends as well. I still miss it though.

I've never played it myself so I can't pass comment on how good it is. Instead I'll share this video from a parody series that features the game
(I'm sure a few D&D players have encountered a player with this kind of personality before)

Last edited:
I *could* play it, probably. A friend of mine is into it, he plays it... weekly?

But... I dont. I had thought about it, and almost did it (I actually have one of the rulebooks) but then I realized it's a *very* social game. CONSTANT interaction with other players, and no way around it. And in a group! Like 5 or 6 at once! Ugh! I dont know how he does it. I know it's beyond me, that's for sure. I cant deal with that. The sessions are really long, too.

Though, even if I could handle the social aspect, I probably would still have problems. I'm not very patient. Sitting around waiting for other players to very, very slowly make decisions while going "um" and "er..." would get annoying. I'm used to simply doing everything myself at my own speed.

I don't think I could get into D&D non-video-game RPGs in general. It's too much of a social game.
Which is ironic, since people who do play it are supposedly socially inept geeks.:cool:

Is anyone else interested in the game? Tell me about your experiences!
I played it a long time ago. It is fun, but addicting. It later occurred to me that I was using all of my problem-solving resources on imaginary problems when I could be applying them to real ones...

I used to play ADD 2nd Ed. in the 90's. It was super fun. I was both player and also dungeon master. My main characters were first LE wizard and then LG paladin. wizard was a lot more fun to play, had better background story and being evil gave more flexinility to make cunning plans. xD

I would love to try it again someday. Been playing mostly MMORPG's during the past 20 years.

I don't think I could get into D&D non-video-game RPGs in general. It's too much of a social game.
Which is ironic, since people who do play it are supposedly socially inept geeks.:cool:
It took me a while to get used to, especially since I originally played action RPGs before playing table top ones. Now I realized that D&D basically inspired 100% of all RPG video games.

New Threads

Top Bottom