• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dr. says i may have Intellectual Disability

So...I still don't know what I should do. Not because you guys didn't explain clear enough...I just don't get it as far as my plan of action. I'm assuming I tell my mental health provider I'd like an evaluation? I'm honestly not concerned about IQ. I'd like to know what I'm working with and go from there. Maybe I need help with "this" while I'm more than competent with "that". Are they pricy? Thanks again guys
You're going to have to do some homework when it comes to out of pocket costs. Depending upon your country, your state, your insurance, who is doing it, it could vary significantly. Specifically, talk to the billing departments. My experience was that when I called my insurance company, they said "mental health services" were not covered since I was over 18 yrs of age. However, when I spoke to the billing department at the mental health facility, they said "Don't worry about the cost." Sure enough, if I had paid cash, it would have cost me $1600, but after the billing department worked their "coding magic", I only paid around $200. So, obviously, it made a significant difference after talking to them first.

I am going to assume everyone is going to have a different experience with this, but make some calls and get some better information from the billing departments.

You're going to have to do some homework when it comes to out of pocket costs. Depending upon your country, your state, your insurance, who is doing it, it could vary significantly. Specifically, talk to the billing departments. My experience was that when I called my insurance company, they said "mental health services" were not covered since I was over 18 yrs of age. However, when I spoke to the billing department at the mental health facility, they said "Don't worry about the cost." Sure enough, if I had paid cash, it would have cost me $1600, but after the billing department worked their "coding magic", I only paid around $200. So, obviously, it made a significant difference after talking to them first.

I am going to assume everyone is going to have a different experience with this, but make some calls and get some better information from the billing departments.
I'll do that!

New Threads

Top Bottom