• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dr Edward Hall says autism equals shamanism

As a psychology student, I have no problem declaring that (Western) psychology is stuck in the stone age. That's an exaggeration, but meant to illustrate how other scientific fields, as problematic as they are, still somehow make headway and confront their axioms from time to time.

The things described here like intuition and metaphysical experiences and "uncanny" abilities to connect with nature and animals, or to navigate, all of that sounds fundamentally human. So I agree with earlier sentiments about us being an older kind of human, less modern, more primal perhaps, and as such, much more connected to the rest of the earth around us.

I spent a few years convinced that I was psychic because of how much information I pick up around me. Didn't sit well with my degree in philosophy, so I called myself a "critical psychic". Now I just call it human, which term seems to carry extra weight these days, as people and machine fuse more and more.
which forms of 'western psychology' do you have certified knowledge of? :)

New Threads

Top Bottom