1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured Dr Edward Hall says autism equals shamanism

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Gift2humanity, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Gift2humanity

Gift2humanity Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

You sound like you have high intuition.

2. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Exactly right. There are fewer distractions in a natural setting and the landmarks rarely move or change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. WolfSpirit

WolfSpirit Not a dictionary. Or a search engine

Yeah, I suppose it is. Not an accident.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Misery

Misery Photo-Negative V.I.P Member

High confusion is more like it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gift2humanity

You seem like one of those people who are guided and who listen to that guidance. I hope you don’t mind but I am following you do you have a new follower.

6. Gift2humanity

7. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Actually with the Nehiyahwak (Cree), Inuit, Wendat and Montagnais that I know on the reserve, all prefer to be known by their band or tribes name. Inuit are not part of the First Nations or Metis designations. Some prefer 'aboriginal peoples' rather than 'first nations'.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Misery

Misery Photo-Negative V.I.P Member

This brings up a question that I should have asked earlier: What do you mean by "intuition" in this context? I swear everyone seems to use that word differently at random intervals.

Usually when I hear it, I think of "precognition", that sort of thing.

I'm not too sure what guided means either.

That's fine.

9. Gift2humanity

Your posts show me that you seem the type of person who he is and listens to their inner guidance even if it doesn’t make sense it always leads you to to the right place such as navigating forests et cetera

10. John M

John M Well-Known Member V.I.P Member It's My Birthday!

Intuition is knowing a thing without understanding how you know it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SimonSays

SimonSays Reality is one thing I can’t afford to ignore

Yes, no thinking required and yet it is there
    Intuition seems like a slight step below insight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. zozie

zozie Well-Known Member

As a psychology student, I have no problem declaring that (Western) psychology is stuck in the stone age. That's an exaggeration, but meant to illustrate how other scientific fields, as problematic as they are, still somehow make headway and confront their axioms from time to time.

The things described here like intuition and metaphysical experiences and "uncanny" abilities to connect with nature and animals, or to navigate, all of that sounds fundamentally human. So I agree with earlier sentiments about us being an older kind of human, less modern, more primal perhaps, and as such, much more connected to the rest of the earth around us.

I spent a few years convinced that I was psychic because of how much information I pick up around me. Didn't sit well with my degree in philosophy, so I called myself a "critical psychic". Now I just call it human, which term seems to carry extra weight these days, as people and machine fuse more and more.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1