• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Double Whammy, when physical pain is stronger than social pain

Actually using the chair is a relatively new thing for me....People can be awful.Due to stomach issues most pain meds are out for me so I get very little relief.

That’s interesting, I’m sorry it happens to you too. Same here with the stomach issues? I’ve had a horrible time with the meds they “try”, when we go back to the opioids they work and my stomach doesn’t get sick. Glad some doc’s are calming down about it. Is medical marijuana available where you are? On the west coast in the US I had some and it worked great without the nausea that some pills gives me. Even the anti-nausea pills had some kind of dopamine blocker in it and that made it to where I couldn’t take them either?

Regarding hot packs, have you tried the one’s with Cherry Pits? Out of all of them it seems that the cherry pit made bags will retain heat for a very long time. I can take them to bed to put on my hip and will wake hours later and they are still warm!!!

I've not heard of them. I use hot packs made of hard corn. Works on the same principle.
It's natural, the heat lasts all night, and they last for years without burning up. Very seldom need to be
replaced. I get them from Amazon.

Yes, I'm that way with dental work. Shot after shot to get anything done.
I have been thinking about your posts here all day and I am going to look up that name right now.

I just read about it and the symptoms doesn't fit.
The only ones that could would be fatigue and heart racing upon standing.
But, that also goes with congestive heart failure which was recently found.
My IBS is increased motility, not constipation.
Good to know about though. Thanks.

Last edited:
That’s interesting, I’m sorry it happens to you too. Same here with the stomach issues? I’ve had a horrible time with the meds they “try”, when we go back to the opioids they work and my stomach doesn’t get sick. Glad some doc’s are calming down about it. Is medical marijuana available where you are? On the west coast in the US I had some and it worked great without the nausea that some pills gives me. Even the anti-nausea pills had some kind of dopamine blocker in it and that made it to where I couldn’t take them either?
No not legal here. I was horrendously I’ll on anti sickness tablets and ended up I’m hospital. With fever like symptoms .

No not legal here. I was horrendously I’ll on anti sickness tablets and ended up I’m hospital. With fever like symptoms .

So sorry that happened to you, I honestly get it. The fever comes and goes all the time but it’s low in the first place so what is “normal” is a bit high but not that bad like you said.

For nausea they gave me an RX called Phenergan (promethazine HCI), it was wonderful UNTIL the part where it blocks dopamine kicked in then I was mean as a hornet. My husband and a friend noticed a big change in my personality while taking this nausea medicine. They didn’t tell me that the nausea pills blocked any neurotransmitters? This is also a drug commonly used for an antihistamine?! I’m fine now, did try it a second time and yup, same thing happened! Now...ginger ale, that is pretty much all I can use for nausea.

People need to know what all is in their medicine!

I’ll never take that stuff again. Sorry your having the same problem with meds.

I had anaphalaxis reaction to Phenergan. Ended up in hospital and it set off a long episode of severe
panic attacks.

Anyone who is sensitive to it should be aware it is a Gen1 antihistimine which includes antiemetics,
compazine, promethazine, and various psychotics.
My doctor told me to put all phenothiazines when asked about drug allergies.
Anaphalxis can be deadly. Ask physician what to put as drug allergies if you,ve been sensitive to
it or related drugs of that class.

New Threads

Top Bottom