• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Doom Eternal, Anyone?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Who here will play Doom Eternal once it comes out? I've seen the Quake Con gameplay reveal on YouTube, and it looks great! I'd certainty play it when I get a better PC and after I convince my parents I'm mentally read to play an M-rated title such as Doom. Heck, you're moving so fast in a Doom game, you barely have enough time to even pay attention to the gore. Id Software's new id Tech 7 engine, which is the engine Doom Eternal is gonna be powered off of, is insanely powerful, making the game the best-looking Doom game since Doom 4. I'd love to play it. Looks fun. The campaign invasions looks like something designed to keep the player on his/her guard. Heck, you could be trying to find secrets, and then suddenly another player invades your campaign and summons more demons. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with having to kill more demons than I expected to in a Doom game, if a Doom game did actually does actually have a set maximum population of demons to demolish. I'd probably have to play Doom 4, first, since the ending to that indicated that Doom Eternal will happen right after the events of that game. I'm probably going to have to get a new GPU since the one in the computer I have now is an AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series GPU, which is from 2012. Id Software also said that it'll run only on Vulcan-compatible GPUs, which I doubt mine is. Anybody else gonna play it? I'm probably gonna purchase the rest of the Doom games that have been published to Steam, as well as all the Quake games.

Man I was 13 when I played doom 3 it was amazing but so scary at the same time.
Maybe I got older and dont realy mind now but I think that recent horror video games are either jump scare or straight gore disgusting.

I started with resident evil at a very young age. But im not sure if it was a very good idea.

How old are you ?

And yeah im pretty hyped about it aswell :D

Man I was 13 when I played doom 3 it was amazing but so scary at the same time.
Maybe I got older and dont realy mind now but I think that recent horror video games are either jump scare or straight gore disgusting.

I started with resident evil at a very young age. But im not sure if it was a very good idea.

How old are you ?

And yeah im pretty hyped about it aswell :D
I'm actually 15, gonna turn 16 sometime before or after Doom Eternal's release. Also, Doom is no longer horror. It has returned to it's roots as an action game, just like it Doom 1993 and Doom 2. Doom 4 was equally as action packed. If you like near-constant action and some secrets to discover in your first person shooters, I would definitely recommend Doom 4 and Doom Eternal. I'm probably gonna play Doom 4 before I play Doom Eternal. Also, even though I am sensitive to gore, it somehow doesn't apply to videogames and anime. The only part of a game that gets me even close to fainting is one of the QTEs near the start of Resident Evil 7, but that's pretty much it.

Yeah i know doom is more ultra violence and blood but its so unrealistic its not that disturbing.
But doom3 had a weird obscure atmosphere it was scary for me and realy good!

Iv seen re7 gameplay and for me it was just disgusting but not scary.

For me minecraft at night is more scary lol.

But yeah im realy hyped about this doom game that look realy funny i mean its just a big violent game to turn your brain off and have fun wiith unrealistic violence.

Yes I'm definitely getting it! I enjoyed the 2016 Doom, along w/ Doom 3 BFG Edition. Was great to see how well Doom 2016 was optimized; could run it on my PC (i7-2600, GTX 1050ti, 1080p monitor) at Max Settings and had a solid 60fps or around there throughout the whole thing

I will be playing the new Doom. I’ve always enjoyed them. It’s a no think just crush everything kind of game for me. Just pure fun.

I'm gagging for another Doom installment. I was in my twenties when the original Doom came out but I had to wait a while until I played it and it's contemporary sequels/expansions because I was using Amigas at the time and didn't get my own Windows PC until a couple of years later.
Doom 3 was and still is great - much darker, slower, more confined atmosphere but still a legitimate Doom game and the BFG edition speeded and brightened it up making it faster and more accessible.
Doom 2016 was a tour de force - up there with the modern Wolfensteins as amongst the best single player FPS experiences out there, but fast and visceral.
I love a good FPS campaign experience so Doom Eternal was on my wishlist as soon as I knew it was coming.

Iv seen re7 gameplay and for me it was just disgusting but not scary.

For me minecraft at night is more scary lol.

Yeah, and it aint just you either. It's funny, but LOTS of people get freaked out playing Minecraft when they're not already used to it. And really for a game that's supposedly aimed at kids (which it really isnt...) it's got an awful lot of seriously messed up stuff in it (portals that lead directly to hell, for instance...). I was always constantly impressed by the general creepy weirdness that the game could manage to pull off sometimes. Wheras alot of "survival horror" games are just.... I dunno. Predictable? Is that the right word? It's like, when you know that a million scares are around the corner and the game just gave you a freaking shotgun to deal with them, they're.... not that scary. Icky, sometimes, but not really "scary".

Now as for Doom, I havent played the most recent one all that much. My arm was a bit messed up around the time of release. But I was very impressed with what I did play. I should really go back now and do more of it, come to think of it.

And REALLY hoping that they're doing the whole Snap-map thing again, or whatever that is called. People were making some seriously impressive, cool stuff with that. I remember about 2 weeks after release, someone had made this sort of Harvest Moon thing. You had to raise "crops" and everything, there was this demon vendor standing at a booth selling you things (this looked just as hilarious as it sounds), and stuff like that. People were getting really creative with it.

Yeah, and it aint just you either. It's funny, but LOTS of people get freaked out playing Minecraft when they're not already used to it. And really for a game that's supposedly aimed at kids (which it really isnt...) it's got an awful lot of seriously messed up stuff in it (portals that lead directly to hell, for instance...). I was always constantly impressed by the general creepy weirdness that the game could manage to pull off sometimes. Wheras alot of "survival horror" games are just.... I dunno. Predictable? Is that the right word? It's like, when you know that a million scares are around the corner and the game just gave you a freaking shotgun to deal with them, they're.... not that scary. Icky, sometimes, but not really "scary".

In my opinion its because of two main factors.

Less detailed game, for me, tends to make you use your own imagination.
And yes modern "modern horror game" are too easely predictable because they have to many scripts in my opinion, in addition the games are sometimes too heavy visually so it just put me out of the experience.

And its always a matter of game design ( I dont know what is the good word but I want to say how you imagine your game basically, how it works and how you play it on a fundamental level.)

In older game you realy fear to loose your progression aswell,In RE is complicated to save and you realy have to manage your ammos especially in the remake.
And in RE once you get used to the game you still have the less than 3H run with no save to do so you are realy focus and it make you easely scared.
Basically in your head you are in state of mind where every single action you do feel like it has consequences, in RE remake you have the great addition of the broken door that can be used only 3 times for instance.

And yes in minecraft you still care about your progression I mean you can loose your stuff and getting it back isnt always simple. In addition at nights ennemies are just everywhere and in mine aswell so thats frightening too. In addition the game is designed to make you greed so you want more but the more you stay the more risks you take I love that game it is so simple yet so powerfull in term of possibilities.

In many modern "horror game" its simply a corridor with checkpoints every 3minutes and your character looks overpowered so its not realy scary. Thats how AAA horror game feels to me, like deadspace .

People told me to play the game called amnesia but it was just stupid dark I didnt even want to play it.
Thats the indy version of horror game, dark rooms with jumpscares and things to hide behind.

To make a good horror game you need to make a game that people dont want to loose in the first place, I mean the perspective of loosing should concern the player in the first place.

Is this coming out on Xbox One? Might look it up if so, I remember playing Doom 2 online when I was on a Clan with my Cousin years ago on the PC version.

New Threads

Top Bottom