• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi, my name is Nick, I'm 21 years old and was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as a child. I've had a very difficult time in the last few years and have struggled with depression and burn-out :/. I'm currently trying to work my way up again. As part of this process, I have joined this forum to get in touch with like-minded people, exchange ideas and gain new perspectives :) Thank you for this forum and I look forward to getting in touch with you all :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, Nick! You're definitely not alone in your experience. Many of us here were also diagnosed as children and have dealt with depression. I hope you're able to make friends here! There are many nice people!

Hey everyone, I'm Matthew Michel and I'm so excited to be here on Autism Forums. As a former special education teacher and inventor of the Calming Clipper, my passion lies in helping children with sensory sensitivity, especially those on the autism spectrum.

I know firsthand how challenging haircuts can be for children with sensory sensitivity, and that's why I created the Calming Clipper. My dream was simple: to make haircuts easier and less stressful for these amazing kids.

But the truth is, I couldn't have done it without the help of parents like you. Your feedback and support have been instrumental in the development of the Calming Clipper, and I'm so grateful for all that you've done.

I'm here to listen and learn, to continue improving my product, and to help make a difference in the lives of children with sensory sensitivity. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this amazing community.

Hi, I'm Jo. I was diagnosed at 40 and what a relief after a lifetime of knowing I'm different but not understanding why. My time after diagnosis has been spent learning to value myself, find meaningful accommodations for my needs and finding my voice within autism advocacy in my profession (I am a psychotherapist - psychology being one of my special interests - my partner said it was because I was trying to figure out how other people's minds worked because it so confused me). My other interests are anything to do with history, collecting fossils and minerals, video games and art. Thank you for having me!

Hi, I'm Jo. I was diagnosed at 40 and what a relief after a lifetime of knowing I'm different but not understanding why. My time after diagnosis has been spent learning to value myself, find meaningful accommodations for my needs and finding my voice within autism advocacy in my profession (I am a psychotherapist - psychology being one of my special interests - my partner said it was because I was trying to figure out how other people's minds worked because it so confused me). My other interests are anything to do with history, collecting fossils and minerals, video games and art. Thank you for having me!

Welcome :) I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello and welcome! Glad you are here. I definitely relate to studying the human mind as much as possible because I found it so confusing. Let us know if you need any help finding your way around the forum

Hello and welcome to the forum, Jo!

Hello and welcome to all of you new folks. I keep having to make the blanket greetings. Oops.

Also, per Ritchie, many of us might actually one day hope that an actual fairy tale troll makes an account here, so that we can ask it a million things...so, yeah, we'd still be welcoming. I personally still want to know why they like living under bridges so much...are they all friends with vampires because they can't go out in the sunlight, too? So many questions.

Hii,
My name is Danielle, i self diagnosed with low autism now at 27, basically i asked my psychiatrist if were possible for me to have autism and she said is was higly likely i had low autism. I also have anxiety and depression that i am on ongoing treatment for. Lately i been hyperfixating on AI to the point to drive people close to me crazy, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, i work in IT and its a fascinating theme for me.
I live in the south of Brazil.

Hii,
My name is Danielle, i self diagnosed with low autism now at 27, basically i asked my psychiatrist if were possible for me to have autism and she said is was higly likely i had low autism. I also have anxiety and depression that i am on ongoing treatment for. Lately i been hyperfixating on AI to the point to drive people close to me crazy, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, i work in IT and its a fascinating theme for me.
Hello and welcome!

Hii,
Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum. Let us know if you need any help finding your way around!

New Threads

Top Bottom