• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Greetings,

New here and looking to not feel so alone in my journey. In therapy for help with autism and I'd like to connect with other autistic.

Thank you for reading.
Hello and welcome. Glad you found us.

I'm called Milton, I have lived in Leicester for the past two years, which I love (believe it or not) I am originally from London though.
I decided to join this site because I feel I have spent so long modifying my behaviour (trying to fit in) in the past/present that I wanted to feel comfortable in being myself somewhere.

I had an official diagnosis a few years ago which helped me on the road to living life more how I wanted to than for the benefit of others.
My Girl, who is American has recently gone back there because of immigration issues so I had been feeling a little sorry for myself, but obviously I am self - absorbed anyway, certainly according to many people. Of course this is not true, just the view of people who do not understand.
Thanks for the opportunity to join.
Hello and welcome! It’s good to have you here.

hi you can call me ash . i like to draw , listen to music , scroll tiktok, watch YouTube videos , play video games , travel and im in way too many fandoms for my own good.
special interests: calligraphy, bookbinding, genetics, slipknot, fnaf lore , omori , languages ( i know french spanish german and english) , axolotls, color theory

hi you can call me ash . i like to draw , listen to music , scroll tiktok, watch YouTube videos , play video games , travel and im in way too many fandoms for my own good.
special interests: calligraphy, bookbinding, genetics, slipknot, fnaf lore , omori , languages ( i know french spanish german and english) , axolotls, color theory
Hello and welcome! What is FNAF lore?

:eek: Another Omori fan! We need to talk. Is that the aromantic flag in your profile picture background? I genuinely don't know. I just remember it being part green. I'm asexual, and the communities are quite close since it's common for people to be asexual aromantic. Also, welcome. I hope you'll stick around.

Hello and welcome! What is FNAF lore?
FNAF stands for Five Nights at Freddy's. It is a series of horror games which started around 10 years ago. There are quite a lot of games in the series, and from what I heard, the story gets very convoluted. I don't really know much about them since I'm not into jumpscares, and their gameplay is quite jumpscare focused.

:eek: Another Omori fan! We need to talk. Is that the aromantic flag in your profile picture background? I genuinely don't know. I just remember it being part green. I'm asexual, and the communities are quite close since it's common for people to be asexual aromantic. Also, welcome. I hope you'll stick around.

FNAF stands for Five Nights at Freddy's. It is a series of horror games which started around 10 years ago. There are quite a lot of games in the series, and from what I heard, the story gets very convoluted. I don't really know much about them since I'm not into jumpscares, and their gameplay is quite jumpscare focused.
yeah im aromantic
omori is like my fav game not counting sally face hahahh

Hello,
My name is Jessica..I do not have a known diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome. I am reaching out to people because I am not sure whether or not to get a diagnosis. When I researched about the female traits and symptoms and taken the tests it always was a possibility of autism but it is hard to find it in all women. The spectrum is so wide and I really do want an answer and just to ask people how they cope with their daily struggles. I function in life and have had some friends, boyfriends though who were only manipulative or verbally abusive/childish. I get taken advantage of alot, I am turning 28 in May. In a conversation I have a hard time knowing when it is my turn I often hear that I go off on another route of conversation. Since I was about 3, I have had some sound sensitivity like certain pitch noises and some sudden loud sounds. I jump up and down and flap my hands/arms in the mirror still to this day. I have listened to the same song over and over since 8th grade. I do not understand alot of jokes and I have copied friends voice tones and facial expressions in the mirror over the years too. Terrible at algebra processing it all because theres too many kinds of problems to remember but I can remember I obsessed over an actress and her fictional characters for a few years remembering all about her as well as dressing like her in 9th grade/halloween. My fears are childish, like I have to keep the door open when im sleeping and I sometimes feel I need to climb in bed with my mother. English has been a strong point in school for me as well as factual science. I remember everyones birthdays too and have a hard time paying attention as people ask if I have ADD. I dont like my neck being touched at all. I prefer comfortable clothing. Anyone else relate in any way?
Hello there! I understand your trepidation; what women with autism have had to deal with is not fair, in terms of getting recognized. It can be a discouraging process overall, but I highly encourage you to get tested! It will bring a lot of clarity to your life.

Greetings. I'm.....not really a people person. To be honest a misanthrope. I'm also a self diagnosed Asperger's....which I've retested many times to be sure. I'm High functioning. I seem to lose 95% of the few friends I do make. Usually with me cutting them out of my life when they betray me more than once and don't change/or apologize.

Social nonsense is exhausting for me. The world and social media make me want to scream. Ever since I was born Ive never felt as though Ive fit in, AND I have NEVER wanted to. I have body dysphoria. I feel like a higher spiritual being just having an earthly experience.....temporarily. Life is a test. This planet isn't my home, just a gas station pit stop on the way to Heaven in God's presence.

This world is alien to me, and I'm a spiritual being passing through.

Last edited:
Greetings. I'm.....not really a people person. To be honest a misanthrope. I'm also a self diagnosed Asperger's....which I've retested many times to be sure. I'm High functioning. I seem to lose 95% of the few friends I do make. Usually with me cutting them out of my life when they betray me more than once and don't change/or apologize.

Social nonsense is exhausting for me. The world and social media make me want to scream. Ever since I was born Ive never felt asthough Ive fit in, AND I have NEVER wanted to. I have body dysphoria. I feel like a higher spiritual being just having an earthly experience.....temporarily. Life is a test. This planet isn't my home, just a gas station pit stop on the way to Heaven in God's presence.

This world is alien to me, and I'm a spiritual being passing through.
Hello and welcome! Sounds like you will fit in here. Stick around and read and write as much as you like. Lots of support and understanding here.

Hello and welcome! Sounds like you will fit in here. Stick around and read and write as much as you like. Lots of support and understanding here.
Thank you. I admit, I am not used to that. Guess well see. Technical question, but how do I delete a post or edit if I wish, after 24 hrs/long term? I am not comfortable without this option. Its online and we're often discussing sensitive info... Even for info which is not identifiable, but still personal.

Thank you. I admit, I am not used to that. Guess well see. Technical question, but how do I delete a post or edit if I wish, after 24 hrs/long term? I am not comfortable without this option. Its online and we're often discussing sensitive info... Even for info which is not identifiable, but still personal.

Report it and explain the reason in the report box. The moderators can edit comments for you that way.

A belated Welcome!

Technical Questions are more for This Area of the Forums

But to answer your Question, you only have about 15 minutes to Edit or Delete a Post/Comment after creating one, otherwise you'll need to ask a Staff Member via their Messages

This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin
I'm new-ish. A musician and avid fan of Tolkien.

Hi! I'm James, but most people call me Jamie.

I'm 24 and I live in New York. I strongly believe I'm autistic and definitely should've been diagnosed as a child (was partially/mostly non-verbal for most of my childhood, obsessed with soft textures --always felt all the nice-textured-looking clothing in stores with my face and hands...oops, unhygienic!--, lots of misophonia amid other sensory issues, bonded more with my cats & older folks than people my own age, etc. etc...).

I've spent a lot of my life thinking something was really wrong with me. I have a multitude of mental health issues: chronic depression, social anxiety, general anxiety, and PTSD, which are finally improving thanks to a ton of self-work, therapy, and a delightful little pill called Effexor. :p
But all in all, finding myself to be autistic has helped my self-image a lot. I'm not just a jerk, or stupid, or too highly-strung. I'm normal. I'm autistic.

A few things about me are that I'm pretty shy even as an adult, I love cats more than anything in the world besides my partner, my main (and nearly lifelong!) special interest is Pokemon, and my favorite musician is Elliott Smith.

Pleased to meet you all!

I'm 24 and I live in New York. I strongly believe I'm autistic and definitely should've been diagnosed as a child (was partially/mostly non-verbal for most of my childhood, obsessed with soft textures --always felt all the nice-textured-looking clothing in stores with my face and hands...oops, unhygienic!--, lots of misophonia amid other sensory issues, bonded more with my cats & older folks than people my own age, etc. etc...).

I've spent a lot of my life thinking something was really wrong with me. I have a multitude of mental health issues: chronic depression, social anxiety, general anxiety, and PTSD, which are finally improving thanks to a ton of self-work, therapy, and a delightful little pill called Effexor. :p
But all in all, finding myself to be autistic has helped my self-image a lot. I'm not just a jerk, or stupid, or too highly-strung. I'm normal. I'm autistic.

A few things about me are that I'm pretty shy even as an adult, I love cats more than anything in the world besides my partner, my main (and nearly lifelong!) special interest is Pokemon, and my favorite musician is Elliott Smith.

Pleased to meet you all!
Welcome to the Forums Jamie! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay here in the process! :)

Pleased to meet you all!
Hello and welcome! Hope you find this place welcoming and supportive. Let us know if you need any help figuring things out.

I am completely new here. I am hesitant to join a community in case there are a lot of requirements for being active, as I am not good with that. But I wanted to join because only a month ago a man who has the same disease (Chronic Kidney Disease) as I do, but works with Autistic Adults, asked me if I was Autistic. I told him now that I know of, but I am Dyslexic. He told me that I write exactly like a few Autistic Adults he works with, so that got me curious. I found Autistic Tests online, but knowing the internet, I wanted a valid one. Found out that valid ones won't diagnose you but will tell you if there is a high chance that you are, so you know to seek a diagnosis. So that is what I did. I took 2 to confirm that it wasn't a fluke, and both said I had a very high chance. I answered as honestly as I possibly could, even though my memory isn't the best sometimes.

Online test said that my The Adult Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) was 44/50 (Adult - Autism Canada)

My AQ-10 score was 10 (43.0 on The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ))

And another one I did, said I was likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie) 152 of 200:View attachment 95549
Would you be able to provide a link where you took this test online? Id like to take it myself if I can get a hold of it. Thanks

Hello! I have 2 grandsons who have recently been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Their mother, who is my daughter, is considered Aspergers and I know I am Aspergers too but have not been diagnosed because my therapist told me, "well, what's another label going to do? I don't like labels." So, I have not been formally diagnosed. I would like to know where I can obtain the tests that "AspiAngie" took. I will write more later when I feel more at ease. Thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom