• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello, my name is Lydia. I am not officially diagnosed yet and I'm not sure if I will go ahead with doing that. I am 35 years old with two special needs kids. One with Autism and the other with speech delay. All this time, I have sensed that I did not belong anywhere and blamed myself for it. It has caused me many sad days. I checked the characteristics of someone with ASD after hearing my husband say many times that his boss is definitely on the spectrum. one day when he mentioned that again i asked him if he thought i was on the spectrum too and he said yes. I did not expect that and I went researching and have not stopped looking for answers and explanations since. its been two months now. Now I see why I was the way I am. I feel relief and some kind of control. I will be posting more and bombarding you all with questions as i still have many of them.

Hello!
I'm Anne. I was officially diagnosed with ASD last year (at the age of 43!) but I had long since suspected something was up.

I'm in an MFA program for fiction writing, and I love to create autistic characters. I like to read and spend time with my kids. I love cats and dogs. I'm very friendly and would love to make some friends. If you like to read drop me a line about your favorite authors if you feel like it. Always looking for recommendations!

Hi, my name is Johanna and I live in Sydney. I'm 23 year old and have Aspergers, chronic depression and bi-polar type 2.
Here to find out more information from people dealing with the same stuff.

Hello, nice to meet ye folk.

I am pleased to be apart of a greater group of such, greater people. Please be patient and try to guide me kindly on the best way and approach of the status quo of ye forums. I am also an IT expert, so if you need any assistance with any IT things. always happy to help.

Regards from the Iron Throne.

p.s. time travel through wormholes is possible.

Henry VIII

I’m Silas, 34, living near Atlanta, GA. Diagnosed at 26 with Aspergers. Really want to try making some friends, and I think I’m only going to be able to connect with other autists.

Hi everyone, and thanks for welcoming me on this forum/chat.
I received a late diagnosis for ASD, which explained my struggles all along. I am not good at expressing myself, sometimes I might take a long time to reply as words don't come naturally to me, they come singularly/as imagery and then I have to string them together to form coherent sentences. Hope you don't mind if I did not reply/say hi back. Very happy meeting all of you, and I look forward to contributing to the discussions. Remember you are not alone, you are a brave person who is trying to manage as best as you could.

Hi,

I'm 54, and was diagnosed about a month ago. I'm currently muddling through an Iowa summer without A/C. Don't have enough money to replace it; at least not yet. The most important goal I have right now is becoming employed again.

I've been reading these forums for several weeks. It's comforting to know that there other people that think the way I do. I read the new posts every day, and it makes me feel like I've found some friends. I'm very happy to be here!

Hi everyone, 23 year old girl here, self - diagnosed with aspergers. I'm here to chat and discuss with people similar to me, since I don't have anyone to talk about my condition in real life

Hi everyone, 23 year old girl here, self - diagnosed with aspergers. I'm here to chat and discuss with people similar to me, since I don't have anyone to talk about my condition in real life

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process :)

Hello everyone! :D I am a trans man from Canada, who was diagnosed with Atypical Autism (now known as a new term I think??) in 2003. I just joined these forums today and thought I'd say hello! ♡

hi, i'm shelley, i'm 28 years old and i was diagnosed with Asperger's when i was three years old, i would like to meet fellow aspies and would like to see my condition as more of a difference than a burden i live in launceston but commute to plymouth at times.

nice meeting you!!

Hello, my name is Bianca, I’m 23, I am self diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, I am a single mom to a beautiful little boy, he is a month old, so far it has been super overwhelming but my mother has been helping me by giving me breaks on her nights off work and giving me evening breaks from the baby as we both live with her for the time being until I get my own place.

Hi, my name is Nathaniel Eribenne Eribenne and I'm 19 years old living in North West London. I was diagnosed when I was 9 years old and it wasn't till when I was 17 when I started college, I fully understood how autism is affecting me.

Hey everyone, recently joined the site looking for some advice and met someone who was going through a similar situation to me who has been very supportive and helped me out a lot :)

I've been browsing through the forum and feel a sense of kinship here that I haven't encountered before so I thought I would introduce myself

I'm J, 26 years old and live in the North of Ireland. I am currently on the waiting list for an autism assessment. I think the thing I struggle most with is the social aspect. Has anyone had any success with CBT?

I’m 64, yes 64, not a typo. Always knew I was different and the older I got, by the time I was in high school, felt that the difference was very bad. Defective. Well, now that I’m older and wiser and have researched Aspie traits, I’ve come to appreciate my differnces. But just knowing I’m not defective doesn’t make life much easier, well that’s not exactly right, life is more pleasant and I’m not ashamed for using work arounds. I’m reading what I wrote and I’m coming off as so serious! I guess the first post is sort of a serious business. LOL

New Threads

Top Bottom