• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does your brain short-circuit when speaking on the phone?

Yes, this definitely happens to me too!

My mind goes blank all the time, in person or on the phone.

I remember checking out somewhere and she asked me my phone number as a rewards member, I was like "yeah it's uh..... um... well.. we don't have to use the rewards" it was pretty embarrassing because i knew my phone number!!! I just at that moment completely went blank.

Another time was when I was at the gun range taking a test and after I shot my gun (which I did really well with!) I had to write down the date and year on the paper that I shot at. Well I didn't know the date but that's understandable as I don't often keep up with what day it is. But I was thinking, wtf was the year? At this point, the gun shots from in the gun range had my adrenaline up high so that wasn't helping the situation. I'm not terrified of shooting a gun, but the loud sound of it gets my adrenaline going and my mind just went blank.

Depends on who’s on the other end and whether I am the one calling or being called.
Last week my manager called me unexpectedly to ask how I’m doing (I’ve been at home on sick leave for a long time due to mental health issues). He asked how I was and I told him I was doing great. Which is a weird response considering I’m currently on very heavy psychotropics and undergoing daily therapy for my bipolar depression and I’ve been mostly in bed for six weeks.

Depends on who’s on the other end and whether I am the one calling or being called.
Last week my manager called me unexpectedly to ask how I’m doing (I’ve been at home on sick leave for a long time due to mental health issues). He asked how I was and I told him I was doing great. Which is a weird response considering I’m currently on very heavy psychotropics and undergoing daily therapy for my bipolar depression and I’ve been mostly in bed for six weeks.

Dude, I would be curling up in a ball and crying my eyes out after a experience like that haha. Hopefully he didn't take it seriously and not think you are skipping out on work

New Threads

Top Bottom