• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does my mom have Aspergers?

Do you think my mom has Asperger's?

• No, she's just weird

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the posting twice issue. She may have posted and been confused by it not showing up right away and thought it didn't work and reposted not realizing that it needed to be approved first.

Moderator Note:

Two threads were made by the OP on the same subject; this initially went unnoticed by staff.
The threads have been merged now and it should be noted that sometimes people post and then post the same again before a mod has had a chance to look it over.
This does not happen often and there is no cause for debate in this instance.

Thank you ; ]

Last edited:
I understand why the OP is asking this question. My father is a man with many problems, he treats me and my family like crap and then wonders why. He flat out refuses to get help. So all that someone like the OP can do is try to find the best definition they can and adjust their behaviour to make life easier for them. So I totally understand why the OP wants us to try and help her find a name for her mother's condition. She is trying to understand it and until she has a name there isn't much she can do. And unless her mum decides to get help for herself she is limited to this sort of research.

I imagine that a number of people who have things like NPD think that they are fine and there is nothing wrong with them. Like my father.

If she's looking for validation, it's not Aspergers based on that list of "symptoms." It sounds like borderline or histrionic personality disorder if you want to put a label on it, or perhaps just a really screwy person, scatter-brain individual with no regard for her child.

Well there ya go,,, A Personality Disorder with perhaps Asperger,,,, this is called Comorbid, and as I said in some of my posts, VERY common.

My husband had the worst parents in town, clueless, arragont, ignoring ,,,,So what happened to him is Narcissism and what happened to his brother is Histrionic, and one of these has aspergers also.

It can happen and Does happen , Cormorbid Aspergers with Narcissism, Aspergers with histrionic, Aspergers with Oppistional Defiant disorder...All kinds of possibilities

Well there ya go,,, A Personality Disorder with perhaps Asperger,,,, this is called Comorbid, and as I said in some of my posts, VERY common.

My husband had the worst parents in town, clueless, arragont, ignoring ,,,,So what happened to him is Narcissism and what happened to his brother is Histrionic, and one of these has aspergers also.

It can happen and Does happen , Cormorbid Aspergers with Narcissism, Aspergers with histrionic, Aspergers with Oppistional Defiant disorder...All kinds of possibilities

No, it is not common to have a PD much less comorbid with Aspergers. Everyone here knows what comorbid is, especially those of us with an educational background in psychology. Your non-peer-reviewed statistics were inaccurate, misleading, and unimpressive.

Trying to diagnose someone online is also inaccurate, misleading, unimpressive, and in the case of pressing the issue of PD's, harmful.

So many people come from dysfunctional families, it sometimes seems almost pointless to discuss it (I say ALMOST, because there is much to be gained from acknowledging it for and to oneself). While it is true that some people are profoundly scarred by it and cannot live functional lives, it is obvious that the majority are able to get past it to some degree. What is more telling, I think, is how one goes about dealing with it and healing oneself. At some point, we are all responsible for the way we live our lives and for the decisions we make. I acknowledge that there are many hurting people out there, and I truly sympathize. My story is not a pretty one either (as some of you may remember). But it is only part of who I am. I am responsible for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom