• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone play DOOM?

Been into it since it first came out a million years ago. It was awesome back then, still awesome now. More than I can say for the rest of the genre.

Haha, I love Doom. My best friend and I recently re-visited Doom 1 and 2. We used GZdoom to run it, connected on Hamachi and talked via Teamspeak. It was a blast. We also played Hexen.

Doom 2 is brutally hard.

I like them; definitely the pinnacle of gaming and it indeed changed the gaming world for the better by giving us one of the most beloved franchises and best FPS games.

Quite excited for Doom Eternal to see what it brings to the table, immensely enjoyed the first newest Doom entry.

I have not played it yet. I might play DOOM 4 and DOOM Eternal when I have a better PC, tho.

Just so you know, Doom 2016 is very well optimized. I can run it just dandy w/ my PC at 1080p, at Maximum Settings

For reference, I have an i7-2700, a GTX 1050Ti, and 8GB RAM and experienced very little dips in Frame Rates

Just so you know, Doom 2016 is very well optimized. I can run it just dandy w/ my PC at 1080p, at Maximum Settings

For reference, I have an i7-2700, a GTX 1050Ti, and 8GB RAM and experienced very little dips in Frame Rates
Yeah, your PC is higher-spec than mine. I have only 1GB Vram and about 4gb ram in mine. My processor is similar to yours, tho.

Yeah, your PC is higher-spec than mine. I have only 1GB Vram and about 4gb ram in mine. My processor is similar to yours, tho.

Chances are, it'll probably run fine. May not look super gorgeous, but we've come a long, LONG way from the old days when game requirements were very strict and often hard to meet. Much of the time nowadays, there's no need to even check the specs. I cant even remember the last time I did such a thing, even on my dramatically weaker laptop.

I mean, really, even the consoles can run it, and those things are basically just very weak PCs.

It makes sense, too: Limiting a game to only those players that have powerhouse machines means WAY less sales for the publisher. The proper way to go about it is to make sure that as many people can play it as possible, even those with weak machines.

I used to, back when I had a gaming PC, the first time I ever played it was on a PC at Dad's work a long time ago.

Also, the demand for "Ninja" PCs that can run anything other than Minesweeper was kind of why I gave up on PC gaming when the original Xbox came out.

New Threads

Top Bottom