• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone out there enjoy mandalas?

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
Staff member
V.I.P Member
I enjoy the repetitive symmetry – both drawing them and viewing them.
upload_2022-7-5_6-52-40.jpeg

upload_2022-7-5_6-53-27.png

upload_2022-7-5_6-54-17.png

upload_2022-7-5_6-56-27.jpeg

This is somebody else’s photograph, but just came across it recently (I enjoy it for its simplicity as far as fractals go).
upload_2022-7-5_7-56-0.jpeg

The perfect geometry of mandalas is soothing for me. Like it's pampering my perfectionistic mind. I've got 3 finished mandalas coloring books in my shelf :laughing:

I'm a little obsessed with them! If I'm in a waiting room or something I'll usually code one up on my phone with Python just to soothe the nerves :)

Technically I guess my versions are spirographs and harmonographs, but I think it's mostly the same idea!

Last edited:
I'm a little obsessed with them! If I'm in a waiting room or something I'll usually code one up on my phone with Python just to soothe the nerves :)
Very interesting! Does your coding result in images? Like something you’d show here?

Check out “fractal therapy” or “kaleidoscope” on YouTube. At night go into a pitch black room with your computer and stare at these videos. It is mesmerizing! Symmetry is an important concept in organic chemistry. I am fascinated with symmetrical systems.

Very interesting! Does your coding result in images? Like something you’d show here?

I rarely ever save these, so I made some quick and dirty ones as an example. Some turn out more mandala-like than others, it's always fun to repeat the shapes in new ways

Check out “fractal therapy” or “kaleidoscope” on YouTube. At night go into a pitch black room with your computer and stare at these videos. It is mesmerizing! Symmetry is an important concept in organic chemistry. I am fascinated with symmetrical systems.
Okay, thank you. I am looking forward to my new experience tonight when the sun goes down and the blackness is at its pitchiest.

I rarely ever save these, so I made some quick and dirty ones as an example. Some turn out more mandala-like than others, it's always fun to repeat the shapes in new ways
Mesmerizing and amazing. Absolutely lovely.

Inspired by this thread, I decided to give designing some symmetrical shapes a try in Clip Studio the other night. This is the raw footage, just sped up for the sake of brevity. I highly recommend giving this a go!

Inspired by this thread, I decided to give designing some symmetrical shapes a try in Clip Studio the other night. This is the raw footage, just sped up for the sake of brevity. I highly recommend giving this a go!
I’m completely floored. This is so awesome. It was really cool to watch the process instead of just seeing final products, and that music is exactly how I feel when I’m drawing sometimes. Very cool project.

New Threads

Top Bottom