• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone have a mix of Aspergers and something else?

I've suffered from depression most of my life, but the Aspergers magnifies it. I'm starting to think I may have mild post traumatic stress disorder from the events that took place in my previous relationship but I haven't spoken to a professional about it.

Aspergers + anxiety (I don't personally think Aspergers has to mean anxiety, but sometimes environment exacerbates something I might be more prone to)

I was aware of my depression long before my ASD. And then there's my cerebral palsy, but I always knew about that.

Just Asperger's and ADD here, but I can relate to all the comments on anxiety. I'm not an overly anxious person, but situations and environments often make me way more stressed out and anxious, perhaps due to excessive worrying.

Anxiety tick
Depression tick
Insecurity tick

And I reckon all of the above is because of Undiagnosed Aspergers all my life.

Now I've got my formal diagnosis, I am determined not to let other people make me feel any of the above anymore...

Major anxiety disorder
Major depression
A touch of OCD :)

I've had these all my life and have been aware of them for way longer then the Aspergers as I just found out about that one.

I don't refer to me only having aspergers,but autism now that I have studied me more and believe me I have done a lot of studying about broken brains...I will never get an formal diagnosis as I have a traumatic brain injury as well now and the neurotyp world will not look thru the fog and will only suggest pharma to "fix" me,something I know will not work...do I want to fix my brain damage...yes...am I seeking help for my autism? no,I got gifts from it that surpass all the downsides of autism...I have had an overstuffed medicine chest of things that made me ill...my professionals never spotted it or even asked the proper questions when my rehabilitation was started from an infantile state less than 4 years ago...my ability to read and recall was diminished and I had to relearn walking...the TBI got it's ass kicked by me...I hope to take the MENSA test this fall as I meet their requirements with an over the top IQ score when previously tested...I am one of the anomalies in the spectrum who has intense visual thinking or the supposed non-existant photographic memory...their loss,my gain...there are very high definition pix and short movie clips from things that really interested me my entire life stacked by the millions and the ability to sort the piles in microseconds or flurries as I have named them...my entire world is hyperanalyzed and recorded inside my head for recall when necessary...they come in rushes and always have...it let me excel at mechanical engineering with no formal training...if you require a badge for me, savant might cover it... hate the NT's sticker label parties as they are only words from those who have never seen life thru my own eyes...

-ASD: would've been Asperger's, but they already diagnosed according to the then upcoming change in the DSM
-Melancholic depression: pretty clear, but I'd say I also have some mild manic episodes every now and then.
-Tourettes: very mild, just a tic now and then, sometimes vocal, but not the kind you might think of when you hear 'Tourettes'. Any *****, ****, *****, *****, ***********, ************* and/or **** are entirely intentional and are gladly blamed on my pirate heritage. Arrr!

Earlier on I also got diagnosed with parentification. There might be some PTSD as a result of that too. Given all this, some anxiety shouldn't come as a surprise.

Diagnosed:
-ADHD (combined)
-Aspergers
-Major Depression
-Family problems (idk how they described that one)

Undiagnosed:
-anxiety.

This all makes me a very interesting person to be with, as you can imagine. ;)

Last edited:
ASD (Aspergers, but the DSM-5 grandfathered in AS and others)
Social Anxiety Disorder
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Extreme Seasonal Affective Disorder
Bipolar Disorder-NOS
Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Something whose name I forget but which prohibits my ability to remember and explain both past and present emotions
Mild epilepsy

ASD Asperger's Syndrome
Fragile X Syndrome (which probably caused my Autism)
-And the additional packages that came with Fragile X Syndrome-
Unsure if I have Schizophrenic Disorder as I was diagnosed with this at a hospital in Oklahoma

I go thru some SAD issues,but had blamed it on my head injury at first... I will try a therapy light next winter because my SAD ends after exposure to sunlight when the weather gets better and I spend time outside

-Tourettes: very mild, just a tic now and then, sometimes vocal, but not the kind you might think of when you hear 'Tourettes'. Any *****, ****, *****, *****, ***********, ************* and/or **** are entirely intentional and are gladly blamed on my pirate heritage. Arrr!

You are descended from pirates?! Cool. I have a little pirate blood in me, but I'm more of a ninja.

I have been accused of having tourettes but I think it is only when I am in my ****** garage...laughs

I sometimes wonder if ADD and anxiety are not part of being on the spectrum. It would for sure be a rare aspie who did not have to contend with high anxiety. Some descriptions of ADD include the common aspie ability to hyper focus and I suspect many of us are easily distracted.

I sometimes wonder if ADD and anxiety are not part of being on the spectrum. It would for sure be a rare aspie who did not have to contend with high anxiety. Some descriptions of ADD include the common aspie ability to hyper focus and I suspect many of us are easily distracted.
I believe what you stated to be true..the spectrum is like deep space and is not fully explored yet

New Threads

Top Bottom