• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else like complicated genealogy stuff?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
One thing I love is going onto the wiki page of a fictional character and seeing 6+ things in the "relatives" section in the infobox.

I love complicated genealogy stuff. It's one of my favorite tropes. I think part of the reason is because how relatable it is. My family is very big.

Does anyone else have a fascination with family trees and whatnot?

I have a great aunt who is a genealogist and she traced my mother’s family tree back to England. My mother’s family name is Drake but we aren’t related to Sir Francis Drake. My maternal grandfather was a quarter Cherokee and his father owned Cherokee land in Oklahoma before it became a state. Besides my high cheek bones, darkish hair, and long nose, the Cherokee in me is watered down.

My grandfather was also Buddy Holly’s first cousin. I am his third cousin as of removed.

I have two cousins who are half-Hispanic, one who is half African American, and two who are a quarter African American. My half-Hispanic cousins have no children and my cousins with African American heritages’ children look hardly like their parents since they married White partners.

Last edited:
I have a great aunt who is a genealogist and she traced my mother’s family tree back to England. My mother’s family name is Drake but we aren’t related to Sir Francis Drake. My maternal grandfather was a quarter Cherokee and his father owned Cherokee land in Oklahoma before it became a state. Besides my high cheek bones, darkish hair, and long nose, the Cherokee in me is watered down.

My grandfather was also Buddy Holly’s first cousin. I am his third cousin as of removed.

I have two cousins who are half-Hispanic, one who is half African American, and two who are a quarter African American. My half-Hispanic cousins have no children and my cousins with African American heritages’ children look hardly like their parents since they married White partners.
I'm 75% Mexican and 25% percent white. My mom is Mexican while my dad is mixed with my paternal grandfather was Mexican and his wife was white. My half sister's father was black.

Rock musician Glenn Cornick was my great uncle. I met him once when I was 3.

I'm 75% Mexican and 25% percent white. My mom is Mexican while my dad is mixed with my paternal grandfather was Mexican and his wife was white. My half sister's father was black.

Rock musician Glenn Cornick was my great uncle. I met him once when I was 3.

My aunt who is the mother of my cousins who are half-Hispanic has a father who had a secret family he created with a White woman behind my aunt’s mother’s back. My aunt’s older brother hates him to this day, though I don’t know if that man is still alive or not, and considered my grandfather to be his father instead. My grandfather also loved Hispanic women and married one after my grandmother divorced him.

First time hearing of Glenn Cornick. Looks like he was performing after my cousin’s time. I’ve had people think I am lying when I tell them I am related to Buddy Holly despite how my grandmother, eldest uncle, and mother have memories of him.

Last edited:
One thing I love is going onto the wiki page of a fictional character and seeing 6+ things in the "relatives" section in the infobox.

I love complicated genealogy stuff. It's one of my favorite tropes. I think part of the reason is because how relatable it is. My family is very big.

Does anyone else have a fascination with family trees and whatnot?
A few years ago, My maternal grandfather’s elder brother traced back our family tree to discover that somewhere we still have Russian relatives. He was inspired by my own child attempt at researching the family after learning of my interest in it. This is from the fact that his mother, my great grandmother, was Russian aristocracy who fled during the revolution. I’ve never met the Russian relations but it’s still pretty cool to discover that there’s pockets of our family still in their native country.

Lol this is some crazy stuff:

Solid Snake
snakesfamily.PNG

Corrin
corrinsfamily.PNG

New Threads

Top Bottom