• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think that society should care more about Autism, specifically high functioning?

Now, I understand that people DO care about individuals on the spectrum. However, in my experience, high functioning autism flies under the radar at times due to the similarities of neurotypical individuals, despite some differences.

Do you believe my statement or does it all depend how you act, along with the group of people who you interact with on a daily basis?

Yeah, that is true. We on the higher end of the spectrum tend to be "blamed" for our traits. "Well if you'd just go out and make friends you'd be ok."

And I get dragged out yet again to another confusing noisy party where I don't know a soul or have a clue what to say. All my senses are screaming. I hide in a corner with my smartphone or take long walks while my partner becomes the social butterfly.

There is an illusion that everything is plastic and all it takes is will power and good vibes to overcome and be "normal." "Taint so.

New Threads

Top Bottom