• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you receive Benefits?

That's what it said - apply over the phone and ignore any instructions to apply online. I'm not making this up.
i may be able to get aswers for some questions my girlfriend whose ended my realtionship this week is gong to keep in contact she works for dwp in portsmouth weve been talking about this whilest clearing air .

I think I went into town to have it filled in on my behalf at some benefit office in the UK. I'm no longer on benefits as I have been able to work for the past fifteen years.

I have a question, though. If I lose a job or sick to work, (this has never happened, but we never know what will happen in the future) will I be able to claim it again? I've been registered as disabled. Does this mean I'm still registered disabled, but able to work?

I think I went into town to have it filled in on my behalf at some benefit office in the UK. I'm no longer on benefits as I have been able to work for the past fifteen years.

I have a question, though. If I lose a job or sick to work, (this has never happened, but we never know what will happen in the future) will I be able to claim it again? I've been registered as disabled. Does this mean I'm still registered disabled, but able to work?
well this is interesting if you registered disabled you should be able to get pip still as i was told originally you can get this while working still depending on your needs to do with disability you want to look into that but if you ever sick again its all changing to universal credit for everything apart from pip which took over from dla

if i can at any time i will pick my exs brains and ask her what she can find out cant do it all the time but i will try even shes says its all cahning so fast and she works in the building for it.

I may be able to get answers for some questions. My girlfriend whose ended my relationship this week is going to keep in contact. She works for DWP in Portsmouth. We've been talking about this whilst clearing air.
As I posted earlier,
I'm not eligible for anything means-tested because I own a property I'm not living in. Whether I'm eligible for contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance depends on my NI contributions between 06/04/14 and 05/04/16; I was only in employment for five months during that time.

I've been turned down for contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance. :(

Meh, 20 years ago I was on Jobseeker's, Allowance and it was a complete nightmare! They had me searching online for jobs 24/7 (it was 1998, Google wasn't a "thing" yet) and sending me for pointless interviews for jobs that were already gone but they hadn't taken them off the "board", the last time they did that to me was when I went for a job answering the phones in a local Taxi firm, I didn't want the job because I knew it would be too stressful, but I thought sod it I'll go for the interview anyway!

Anyway I got there and they said the job had been taken quite some time ago by a 16 year old on the "New Deal" program, and I was literally like WTF?! So off I went down to the Job Centre and went on a full blown swear word filled rant to the "Assistant" about how I was fed up of being messed about and was coming OFF JSA effective immediately.

Used to be on JSA which the job coaches in the JCP were very lenient about how i did my jobsearch but when UC came I was forced to apply online wait 2 months for it to come in, get a brutal overhaul of my claimant commitment adding on tasks that are near impossible to complete: use UJM for 7 hours a day. 5 days a week as if it were a real job, go into jobcentre as part of daily signing on as well as using their computers for 2 hours a day, and this was not reimbursing my travel costs, go to work programme for 2 days a week, you must apply for at least 20 jobs per day. I of course, refused and decided never to go back and an indefinite sanction was imposed, i suppose its logical, me never going back, stopping money seems the only way for them. Bearing in mind I had other sanctions before it, so i was essentially signing on for nothing.

New Threads

Top Bottom