• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like posting mail?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
Like do you like putting it in the letter box?

Do you lick the stamp or envelope or find it disgusting. I hate the taste and I try to get someone else to lick it or lick my finger

Would you send more letters to your friends? Or packages or cards or postcards?
Do you like seeing what you get in the letterbox?
Do you do magazine subscriptions or like receiving catalogues? I love getting catalogues when they are good

I can't remember when I last put a letter in a mailbox, it's not my favorite thing, it's like a point of no return, and the opening with the lid is a bit scarry.. I just realize it's noisy when you release it it goes "clunk" - might be part of it :) I love receiving mail, I get some magazines (cartoons, and hobby stuf) and these days all bills and dentist invites are electronic, so usually nothing bad in my mailbox :)

I don't like the taste of stamps or the back of envelopes.

I can't remember when I last put a letter in a mailbox, it's not my favorite thing, it's like a point of no return, and the opening with the lid is a bit scarry.. I just realize it's noisy when you release it it goes "clunk" - might be part of it :) I love receiving mail, I get some magazines (cartoons, and hobby stuf) and these days all bills and dentist invites are electronic, so usually nothing bad in my mailbox :)

I don't like the taste of stamps or the back of envelopes.
Do you ever feel like your fingers will get stuck? Or you could be sucked down in it by a strange votex? And then die by suffocation in the letters, you would drown in them or be posted to China?
I would love to get some magazines, I wish they'd send me good catalogues again.
At your post office, do they have that think you dab the stamps on that is like a sponge and wet. That is the best way.

I do like preparing everything, packaging stuff and getting stamps and all that. Preparing it to be shipped. I'm very thorough when I send mail to people. There's no licking stamps here anymore, they started using stamps that are like stickers, you peel off the paper on the backside and just slap it on the envelopes.
Oops yes I forgot. I have not put stamps on things in a while.
I guess it is better then licking it, having to wash your mouth out and then having your mouth taste like stamp for an hour or two even if you feel hungry and have to eat

Do you ever feel like your fingers will get stuck?
Yeah, it's a bit scary :)
Or you could be sucked down in it by a strange votex? And then die by suffocation in the letters, you would drown in them or be posted to China?
No, not that scary for me...
I would love to get some magazines, I wish they'd send me good catalogues again.
At your post office, do they have that think you dab the stamps on that is like a sponge and wet. That is the best way.
We don't have post offices here anymore, it's just become a counter at random shops.

Sending and receiving mail is awesome. I enjoy sending letters and packages adorned in colourful stamps (sometimes I'll even pick a theme), and it's nice to get handwritten cards since they're like a blast from the past.

I hate the way snail mail has been replaced by digital. People going around attached to smartphones. Everything is texting and email. Life was slower-paced.

Yes. There's just something about sending a physical letter that adds to the experience of messaging each other. Of course digital is more convenient but getting a handwritten letter or card feels like something I want to hold onto.

New Threads

Top Bottom