• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like coffee and?

1/4 cup coffee into my french press. Pour over with 4 cups of boiling water from the kettle. Allow to steep for about 5-10 minutes before pressing.

Fill a large mug about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way full of coffee, stir in a couple teaspoons of baker's cocoa, and maybe a bit of pure vanilla extract. Instead of cocoa, perhaps a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice? Fill the rest of the way with whole milk. Sweeten to taste.

But usually I omit the cocoa, vanilla, or pumpkin pie spice, and just have coffee with whole milk, sweetened just to taste.

I very much like to take black tea in the same way. I think I drink just as much, if not more, tea than coffee. Sweetened and with milk, please. But sometimes it's sweetened, and with lemon juice.

These days, my sweetener of choice is Sweet N Low, but I used to prefer sugar or raw honey. I am trying to go Keto, and I think I'm allergic to Stevia.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I discovered that you can buy a shot of espresso at Starbucks for only $1.00! I was working hard and needed a quick rush of caffeine, with none of the fluff.

They actually make pretty mellow, decent espresso.

1/4 cup coffee into my french press. Pour over with 4 cups of boiling water from the kettle. Allow to steep for about 5-10 minutes before pressing.

Fill a large mug about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way full of coffee, stir in a couple teaspoons of baker's cocoa, and maybe a bit of pure vanilla extract. Instead of cocoa, perhaps a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice? Fill the rest of the way with whole milk. Sweeten to taste.

But usually I omit the cocoa, vanilla, or pumpkin pie spice, and just have coffee with whole milk, sweetened just to taste.

I very much like to take black tea in the same way. I think I drink just as much, if not more, tea than coffee. Sweetened and with milk, please. But sometimes it's sweetened, and with lemon juice.

These days, my sweetener of choice is Sweet N Low, but I used to prefer sugar or raw honey. I am trying to go Keto, and I think I'm allergic to Stevia.
My tea of choice is Lapsang Souchong for special occasions, just sweetened.

I’m going to be “that person” lol… I like iced coffee the best, and especially lattes, with lots of spices and flavors. I also occasionally drink hot coffee but only from my Keurig machine.
I do like most types of coffee and tea though and I do try new ones sometimes.

Black coffee wreaks havoc on my digestive system. Fortunately I am not lactose intolerant and can have dairy in my coffee, although I don’t really have a preference for dairy creamer vs non-dairy (almond etc)

Mini rant:
I will not typically *buy* hot coffee unless I’m in the airport or the train station at 4am and can’t function. It tastes like crap here, especially Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. If I’m going to bother to buy hot coffee around here it has to be from a coffee shop. The big breakfast chains here make decent iced coffee but disgusting hot coffee.
McDonalds (at least in my area) makes the most disgusting coffee ever, it tastes exactly how it looks.
But the worst coffee (hot and iced) I’ve ever had in my life was from Mary Lou’s. I’m not sure if that chain exists in other states or if it’s just local.

When I visited Canada, I thought Tim Hortons was better than Starbucks or Dunkin. It seemed like it wasn’t made as carelessly.

Sorry if that sounded too grouchy, I just really hate the hot coffee from the chain restaurants we have around here! It either doesn’t taste like anything at all, or it tastes awful. There’s no in between.

Even though we're all speaking English here we all do speak different languages.

Iced Coffee was ever a very popular product in Australia. I had a friend who went for a holiday in the US, he ordered an iced coffee and he said they just poured hot coffee into a glass and then dumped ice cubes in it. In Australia Iced Coffee is a flavoured milk product.

FUIC-car-394x264.jpg

Hot coffee with cream.
Iced coffee with vanilla and cream.
Occasionally a Capuchino.
Sumatran is my favourite bean.

And I don't know the spices used in it, but around the Holidays,
WaWa puts out a Seasonal Blend I like.
Whatever the coffee, I like it creamy. :yum:

Do you have a moka?

Once again, words I understand but have different meanings. To me the work "moka" means coffee with chocolate in it. But from your previous posts I assume you mean a percolator, I have one like this:
th-2943235884.jpeg

In the language of coffee that's 18 cups, to me it's 1 litre and that means just 2 cups. Or Breakfast. :)

If you get a "cup" from this moka, sleeping will be so difficult that day, but you will feel so clean on your downstairs.

I also admit I never saw one of these huge moka before, I saw some 8 cup moka just in some communities, here the "best sellers" are the two cups, for singles and the three cups, for families.

That's a sort of religion around the moka, various tricks and opinions making it a tool for advanced users

Last edited:
Anyone like a little side of puzzle with their coffee? Also, I wanted to show my preferred method… The Vietnamese phin.

1665927350718.jpeg

I’m going to be “that person” lol… I like iced coffee the best, and especially lattes, with lots of spices and flavors. I also occasionally drink hot coffee but only from my Keurig machine.
I do like most types of coffee and tea though and I do try new ones sometimes.

Black coffee wreaks havoc on my digestive system. Fortunately I am not lactose intolerant and can have dairy in my coffee, although I don’t really have a preference for dairy creamer vs non-dairy (almond etc)

Mini rant:
I will not typically *buy* hot coffee unless I’m in the airport or the train station at 4am and can’t function. It tastes like crap here, especially Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. If I’m going to bother to buy hot coffee around here it has to be from a coffee shop. The big breakfast chains here make decent iced coffee but disgusting hot coffee.
McDonalds (at least in my area) makes the most disgusting coffee ever, it tastes exactly how it looks.
But the worst coffee (hot and iced) I’ve ever had in my life was from Mary Lou’s. I’m not sure if that chain exists in other states or if it’s just local.

When I visited Canada, I thought Tim Hortons was better than Starbucks or Dunkin. It seemed like it wasn’t made as carelessly.

Sorry if that sounded too grouchy, I just really hate the hot coffee from the chain restaurants we have around here! It either doesn’t taste like anything at all, or it tastes awful. There’s no in between.
I was very surprised while working in Japan and how uniformely good the coffee was wherever I got it from. I liked Costa Rica where coffee is taken so seriously, so much so that it is illegal to grow Robusta coffee there. It is difficult finding dark roasts in Costa Rica since too dark and some flavors are lost that are specific to growing conditions. I like their shade grown coffees from volcanic soils.

I was fortunate to try Kopi Luwak in Sulawesi.

Because I'm very sensitive to caffeine, I drink one small cup of black coffee in the morning. My husband puts salt, sugar and cream in his coffee and drinks a ton of it every day. He says the salt offsets the bitterness of coffee.

I buy whole beans, preferably Costan Rican or Columbian, and grind them myself every morning to make a pot of coffee for us. When I lived in New Orleans, I loved the smell of roasting coffee in the warehouse district along the Mississippi River. There were coffee importers there who roasted the beans early every morning and packaged it for sale.

Cafe Britt is my favorite- Poas Volcano to be accurate. Black or with whole cream. I like to do mine french pressed. But I love tea, Earl Grey in particular, always with no additives.

This process is called using "la napoletana"

Almost unfindable here today, that's the simple way a skilled person can get a coffee.

And also this procedure is seriously debated for the details

I like a cup of dark roast with two cubes of sugar. I need one to function every morning.

New Threads

Top Bottom