• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have your own website or blog?

I had a website with an option to send an email to me. Someone hacked my code and sent out spam from my website. The hosting company contacted me with a nasty-gram so I shut the whole thing down rather than putz around with it.

I've tried a few times with a blog and a website. Never really followed through with it, since I normally don't have much to say, nor do I have much of an opinion.

Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

Trying to start again. Had an experience so bad that caused me to wonder if I'm placing myself in bad situations. Family and s.o. backlash was costly. Complicated subject.
My blog was about science. Editor of major magazine out of the blue started unsolicited interaction on twitter for a few weeks, offered me a huge opportunity to work for him but be freelance. Massive opportunity! He then later tried to hint that I should be his girlfriend, I was naive and had no idea he was attracted and he ended up retaliating by badmouthing me to quite a few people_ I'm just learning about this. Confusing! His friend tried to invite me to Disney world to be with him and this editor, then same editor additionally gave me free tickets to a faraway conference. When I couldn't go due to having a series of seizures since a month before the editor ever communicated with me, and my doc wouldn't let me travel as he had just diagnosed me....so since it is generally discouraged to admit disability in a freelance online job/internship interview, I was thought as being unmotivated... He stopped interacting with me when he was told I was on medical leave. That was disappointing but why did he badmouth me? Was a huge opportunity and he went from frequent communication about my special interest, to basically active avoidance.

Does anyone use speech to text? I have neurological eye movement problems. Expensive and long time required to train the software but it documents the work well. I am working on setting up cameras to film me to make proof files with a setup similar to online proctored test taking. I have had my email and other files hacked by a guy that offered me a farm related service. Through email he initially asked me to do some research for his book he was writing, his wife befriended me very fast and intensely, asking me personal questions and telling me personal things about herself, how we can be successful working together and then he published my research and writing in a New Zealand magazine as his own! The wife told over 500 people on Facebook that epilepsy is insanity after I had to tell her i had been diagnosed recently because she was emailing me several times a day and when I didn't respond she would start saying indirect insults online, then told me I was disgusting through email. This was after my mom told them they could not get a special deal on a truck at her work. The husband and wife did this to several business owners in several states and they moved at least once per year, and turns out the guy had a significant criminal record for fraud. After i realized his scam i learned later that he also tried to get another researcher friend of mine in Australia to answer questions through email as well as another professor that he claimed he was working with after he visited her lab only once! He put photos of her lab all over his blog using university pseudo affiliation, so I hope he didn't get her in trouble. She used to work at the university where I am. She was not tenured so I worry if she was hurt by what he did. His behavior was that of a head injured person so I don't judge him, he had overcome serious injuries. I just have to stop being insensitive to scams of various types. So now I tape myself when researching and writing as it took a significant time investment to produce before I had the dictation software. I'm not using that software on this mobile device as one can see my typing is uncoordinated, it's both necessary & sufficient.

Last edited:
does anyone want to exchange blog roll places?

mine is The Residential Autist
started it years ago to act as a mental archive because am communication disabled and cannot filter it out via speech,and also to highlight abuse in institutional and residential care,but was bullied by managers of those placements into stopping writing about specific incidents [even though wasnt naming anyone] because they thought they woud get sued,typicaly-they believed the staff.

now days,the blog is still a mental archive,and it is used to highlight issues or good things;that are related to residential care,classic autism,intelectual disability or epilepsy [as those are the disabilities am most affected by],its also used by the support staff to know what am thinking and feeling.
have featured a lot about the special olympics because am a athlete with them in swimming and boccia [the SO is a intensive year round competition and training regime for people of all ages with diagnosed intelectual disability].

Do you have your own website or blog?

Nope, though I'm thinking its high time I got into it.. I've been asked on occasion why I'm not involved in writing already

I just need to narrow down what I actually want to write about and try to stick with it :)
Very tricky to narrow that down when you have loads swimming around

I have a website that is my hobby--a fan site for my all-time favorite TV show, St. Elsewhere. It's been a good experience, because it brings me into contact with other fans, and that practically never happens IRL!

I was thinking of making a forum community for people who are different, no matter what their Neurotype is. It's kind of like a mixture of Aspies and like minded people who are weird :D

The only thing is that I'm not sure if I should also include a support section and another sub forum that includes threads by states and locations and links to find help and information.

There'll be a zero tolerance policy for abusive behavior and trolls. If you get banned for being abusive or for trolling, then don't even think about coming back to my site as I will press charges for trespassing on my computer or site! They are not welcome and if they come back again ever, I will make sure they get the same treatment as hackers do because they are indeed breaking into my site!

I'm not sure if law enforcement would prosecute trolls or abusive people for connecting to my site, I'll ban their IP addresses and treat any connection to my site through proxy or socks as breaking into my system ...

I've been dabbling with websites since 2005. I've got a webcomic over at jad.raven-wing.net that has a modest amount of traffic, and I cycle all my business traffic to art.raven-wing.net. As for the main domain, it's just kinda there. I don't enjoy making homepages, so it serves as a bit of a content directory of random things I can't tuck neatly into a subdomain. I don't blog though. I have a LiveJournal I used to mention comic updates in, but now I make private posts to vent off steam.

My newer blog which now has numerous posts and is getting fairly popular. Is Disability Advocate 1 | A place for guidance, awareness, and inspiration for the disabled, and those who care about them! . I'd love for you to check it out and LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. THANKS!
I would try to consider a modern theme if possible.

I notice when I view your website in Google Chrome, some text cuts off as shown in the below screenshot. Note I never moved my scroll bar down and this is how it appears for me.
Untitled.jpg

I appreciate the feedback but, you didn't click on any header or the read more feature it sounds like. And then waited briefly for the whole thing to appear. If your going to visit. At least read a post that interests you. Otherwise, why bother?

I appreciate the feedback but, you didn't click on any header or the read more feature it sounds like. And then waited briefly for the whole thing to appear. If your going to visit. At least read a post that interests you. Otherwise, why bother?
I did viewed some of your posts. I just sharing how things appear when I first view your site.

New Threads

Top Bottom