• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have a partner?

Do you have a partner?

• Currently have a partner

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Previously had a partner

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Never had a partner

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Nope, I pretty much blew my chances anyways. I always attract the wrong kind of men. So I mean what's the point. I might as well give up hope and pray that I find a comic book guy or anime guy that has the same ideals I do. :S

Maybe I shouldn't had rejected that one guy, but he wasn't for me. I didn't want to fall in love with someone that wasn't for me. I knew he could find better. ;_;

I just can't see you being with someone who doesn't like monkeys.
Yeah, know what you meant but I was being daft.
True, it would help if they did. Or have a lot of patience, because that's all they're going to hear about for a while :p.

I got my first girlfriend when I was 36 (9 years ago). She was actually cool and attractive, and more than a little crazy.

That lasted a couple of years but eventually we split up thanks to the tyranny of distance.

I married my next girlfriend.

I got my first girlfriend when I was 36 (9 years ago). She was actually cool and attractive, and more than a little crazy.

May I ask how did you meet? Did you do what most boys seem to do and go out looking for a partner? Did you meet randomly?

People tell me that if I went out looking for a girl and approached one, that is all I would need to do. But I don't have the confidence to approach or talk to people that I don't know. Doing this in a bar/club would make things even more difficult due to the noise and fact that most people are drunk... and it's a dark place so hard to see as well. The other issue is being able to tell who is available and who's not.

I'm single. I've been in one relationship my whole life. It's been six years since we broke up. I still think about her and miss her. Thinking back I can see how my diagnosis strained our relationship. She said I didn't communicate enough and I could never tell if she was upset or mad with me. She said I was very hard to read. She broke up with me.

I dated another girl very briefly, but she was really overbearing and I kind of got scared away. She's married now to the guy she meet after me. That was four years ago. I get depressed when I think about how long it's been since I've had anything close to romance in my life.

I had a girlfriend for a year before we split up when she went to college out of state. Now I have another girlfriend and we are much happier together. We've been together since last January.

New Threads

Top Bottom