• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you go to Comic Con? If so, who/what do you go as?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above,

I know I did virtually the same topic last year but I can't find the thread on the search thingy.

Last year I went as Superman, and this year I'm debating whether to go as Batman, Darth Vader, He Man, Superman or Zorro.

How about you lot? Do you even like getting dressed up and going to an event where there's large crowds of like minded people?

I've never been, but I love looking at the different pictures of people in costume. If I had the money & time I would love to go as something. But I'm a perfectionist & with my personality my get-up would get very expensive very fast!

From your list I'd pick He-man, but only because I'm on a He-man jag lately...

I usually go every year to Oz comic con,I am going again this year in September with my husband and I am going dressed up as a female version of Newt Scamander from the Fantastic Beasts movie.

Never been to SDCC, but I have been to FanExpo in Vancouver here in British Columbia twice! 2014 & 2015; went both times with my dad, no Cosplay from either of us sadly :p

Dad got one or two things signed by Lauren Cohen 2nd year we went (He's a fan of The Walking Dead shows :p); me, I just bought some stuff both times we went:

T-Shirts from the Tower of Shirts (Halo, World of Warcraft, Diablo, and a The Walking Dumb/Family Guy one), Replica of Harry Potters' Wand, Ocarina (shaped like the one from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, even came with a little music pamphlet), couple Sword Art Online Puzzles, 3 rare DS Pokemon games (Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, cost me an arm and a leg practically... $125 all together I believe it was?), and as a early Easter gift the 2nd year we went my dad got me the entire Death Note Manga collection, and I bought the Death Note notebook that came with an L necklace to go with it :p Pretty sure that's all I got

If I were to go a 3rd time I was going to go as Kirito from Sword Art Online :p (Not his Gun Gale Online Avatar though lmao)

I've never attended one as a customer, only as a trader. I enjoy looking at most of the cosplay, because some of them are just incredible. I've never had the confidence to cosplay myself.

I would love to go to a furry convention sometime dressed as my character. But I have been to the Chicago Comic con, and it did nothing for me. I just am not into any of it. Oh, I did enjoy people watching, but had no idea who most of the dressed up characters were.

I've never attended one as a customer, only as a trader. I enjoy looking at most of the cosplay, because some of them are just incredible. I've never had the confidence to cosplay myself.
it took me years before I convinced myself to cosplay,I would think about who like to go as but never did it,but I finally did it around two years ago and went as the suicide squad version of Harley Quinn but this year I am going as a female Newt Scamander and to make sure I didn’t procrastinate about it I started buying pieces for my costume earlier this year.

I have gone some conventions and events, but to photograph the people and costumes...

A few years ago I knew a few people into steampunk, even went on some of their epic photoshoots, I dressed in costume just slightly... I also know a few medieval sword fighters, I do know where they practice every Sunday afternoon...

We have the International Mr. Leather Contest here annually. That is the ultimate dress up and “cosplay.” In the 90s I used to go every year, and also, “dress up” daily, including in public, and at my jobs. So now, in my 60s, I don’t feel the need to dress up in any personas.

I do enjoy the Renaissance Faires, and the historical re-enactoers of wars, living history farm museums, etc, and am lucky to have all those in the region where I live. I enjoy observing rather than dressing up.

I've always had a very strong desire to cosplay, but have never had a chance. Hopefully one of these days. I'm not sure what I'd go as. Perhaps a Star Wars character. Or maybe a Synth with greens eyes like in the tv series Humans. Or maybe a Cyberprep or Cyberpunk character. Or an Elven from the Hobbit movies. Or maybe Doc / Emmett Brown the professor in Back to the Future movies. :)

Last edited:
I do enjoy the Renaissance Faires, and the historical re-enactoers of wars, living history farm museums, etc, and am lucky to have all those in the region where I live. I enjoy observing rather than dressing up.

That's always seemed like a lot of fun to me. There are a few of those out here on meetup website. I wonder if they have any more on the lines of fantasy, perhaps the Hobbit movies.

I would love to get into historical re-enacting. Specifically Medieval European. I had a dream I'd start a living history group themed around the mid-point of the Hundred Years War. But I'm an American & most re-enactments are Civil War or WWII. I'm interested in the latter, barely have an interest in the former. I'd love to invest money into a set of late 14th C transitional German-style plate armor. That would be awesome...

There's an event coming up at the Metro Dome in Barnsley, England this Saturday, I'd like to go but Dad's not that bothered about going and it's too far to walk from the Train Station to go with a carer plus it's too short notice for the carer to get a costume.

Main reason I wanted to go was because Paul Sinha and Shaun Wallace from The Chase UK are on the guest list.

New Threads

Top Bottom