• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you finish/stick with awful, awful books/films/etc?

Do you finish/stick with awful, awful books/films/etc?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Sometimes / Depends

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
In the past I'd tough it out & try to finish it. Especially if it was history (my pet interest). A lot of academic history books are very dry, but full of important details. That being said, for anything else, I abandon it if its not hitting the right buttons.

Aha now I ve voted. No I wouldnt persevere. But I d try hard with a non fiction work related text and sometimes they aren't very lively. I'm really liking the Veronica Roth Divergent trilogy at present. I often like young adult fiction it's got more story sometimes and less blah on relationships tho sometimes still far too much for me.

Abandon. I too skip around, and view the ending. But no, life is too short for boring things to steal my time with.

I always read the first 3 chapters of a book, if by that point I still think it's rubbish I abandon it, I have better things to do with my time than read rubbish. Same with films, although if I'm with friends I might try and stick it out for their sake. After having to sit through 50 shades of grey I'm more careful about watching the trailers and reading reviews if the film isn't my choice.

Music I find really irritating when I'm in a store or restaurant is especially bad because you can't just turn it off. having my own music with earphones to listen to or even earplugs usually helps.

I have actually wasted a good part of my life watching one of the animated Titanic movies, the one where they turn one of history's worst tragedies and turn it into a musical "comedy", and where nearly every character is a blatant rip-off from Disney, Don Bluth and even Loony Tunes characters. And there's a rapping dog. It's nearly impossible to describe that movie without mentioning there's a dog that raps and is dressed in sneakers and a backwards baseball cap in what is supposed to be the year 1912. I was just too fascinated by how bad the movie was and how they got away with even creating it.:confused:
But personally, I think the other animated Titanic with the giant octopus is even worse and I haven't watched the whole thing. At least the first movie implied that at lsome people died. The octopus one claims that was all made up and basically gives a giant middle finger to the victims.

Last edited:
With books or films let's just say that I try to finish them. Though there are a very few exceptions where yes, I simply gave up and walked out on them.

New Threads

Top Bottom