• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever get told you don't ask enough questions?

A professional says that I am good at asking certain people questions but need to learn to ask others as well.
Maybe this is something we all need to work with.

I get in trouble just by asking questions! People want certain questions, socially acceptable questions, the right questions. But I tend to ask what I really want to know and not beat around the bush. Yikes! I don't mean to do it and I always try to be nice but I really don't always have a way to dance around the jugular when just going straight for the jugular seems to be more time efficient and less taxing.
it sounds like actually do what you should even other people don't think so.

I actually ask tons of questions. I find it easiest to stay on script in a conversation if I do very little talking, and questions elicit lots of talking from the other person.

I get told that I ask too many questions. People get angry because they think I'm invading their personal space or questioning their intelligence, when in reality I'm just curious about a lot of things and don't even expect an answer if someone doesn't want to answer me.

I ask questions, but only about things I'm really interested in.

I sometimes ask a lot of questions when I don't have the full picture, or because I want to know the details of things, I ask about small details to try to understand it or imagine it in my head beyond what a person would normally consider necessary, and that is, for many people, too many questions. I often find small details interesting, that other people don't bother about or don't notice.

New Threads

Top Bottom