• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever feel sorry for the evil character in tv shows?

It's not a remake … same region, same tone, but with new characters & a new story. The series is set in 2006 (I think the movie was set in 1987), but has some pivotal ties to the movie. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say I find it very compelling.

They just aired episode 8, so I think there's only two more this season. I've heard it's planned as an anthology … each season will be a complete story with a different set of characters.

Your Aspie score: 141 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Don't judge my overall worth by my ability to swim, you're *drowning* me ... just LET ME FLY!!

I do feel sorry for some vilains. I mean, yesterday, I was watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964 Rankin-Bass version) and there came a moment where the Abominable Snowman captured all of Rudolph's family. Cornelius and Hermey manages to lure him outside, but them Herney extracts ALL of his teeth. I mean, not only Hermey rendered him poverless, but he condemned him to be spoon-fed for the rest of his life. Now, That's cruel!

Last edited:
One of my first memories, as a toddler, was watching a movie where Frankenstein's monster was trapped in a burning laboratory, and I felt so sorry for him!

Still my favorite monster :)

Sometimes, for instance Elsa on Frozen, she starts off evil but becomes good during the film, she's also gorgeous which helps :D

I've been supporting Snape since I learned that Rowling admitted to writing him that way just to bully her chemistry teacher.

Yeah, all the time. The villain is often more compelling than the hero, and often has a sadder more sympathetic backstory. Since you know the villain is probably going to lose, there's a built-in underdog factor as well. When you actively root for the villains, that's known as "Rooting for the Empire."

Yeah, all the time. The villain is often more compelling than the hero, and often has a sadder more sympathetic backstory. Since you know the villain is probably going to lose, there's a built-in underdog factor as well. When you actively root for the villains, that's known as "
What I find fascinating about vilains is that, once you overlook the abuse and ''evil'' they do, you realize they are not so different from the ''good guys''. They were, many of them, hurted or treated with unfairness (as in the case of Scar, who WAS indeed at a much better chance of earning the throne before Simba came along), but, instead of accepting their fate, they actually DECIDED to do something about it (even if it meant killing people or ruining another's life). For example, Syndrome in The Incredibles was originally just another boy (Buddy Pine) fascinated by his hero and wanting to help him. But Mr.Incredible coldly refused him, making Buddy positively hurt and it enraged him so much to be rejected, that he decided to TAKE ACTION and CHANGE THE RULE(You cannot become a superhero if you are not born with a power), by killing of every real super and becoming the great superhero he wanted to be. AND, not only that, he actually wanted to make a sort of ''reverse revange to not only Mr.Incredible but to all the future supers as well, by making their powers available to the public. So, by the time, a new super actually embraces his destiny, the general public will go ''A superhero? Pfft, I've seen better.''

Syndrome is one brilliant vilain, indeed.But, anyway, my point is,vilains are essentially ordinary people who were so hurt they basically went ''So, you're being unfair to me? You're hurting me? Watch how that feels!'' *POW, POW*

Another thing interesting to point out, is that, at least in the Disney Universe, almost all of the rule breakers gets punished (if not murdered accidently or on purpose) for trying to break the ''holy rule'' (like, Ursula gets bannished for trying to take over the throne, but what if she had good ideas for ruling (aside from revenge?) Jafar tries to become ruler instead of letting a rather incompetent-looking sultan do it) Or, even Forte (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, AN ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS), all he really wants is not to loose the only one (The Beast) who pays attention to him.). Just for trying (perhaps, in a gruesome way) to get some respect or a right they lost, they are immediatly wiped out. So, the subtext of many Disney movies is ''Never break the law or disrespect the authority, even it treats you unfairly. If you question it, you are not Worth living.''

To conclude, as Syndrome himself said: '' See? Now you respect me, because I'm a threat. That's the way it works. Turns out there are lots of people, whole countries, that want respect, and will pay through the nose to get it.''

Last edited:
What I find fascinating about vilains is that, once you overlook the abuse and ''evil'' they do, you realize they are not so different from the ''good guys''. They were, many of them, hurted or treated with unfairness (as in the case of Scar, who WAS indeed at a much better chance of earning the throne before Simba came along), but, instead of accepting their fate, they actually DECIDED to do something about it (even if it meant killing people or ruining another's life). For example, Syndrome in The Incredibles was originally just another boy (Buddy Pine) fascinated by his hero and wanting to help him. But Mr.Incredible coldly refused him, making Buddy positively hurt and it enraged him so much to be rejected, that he decided to TAKE ACTION and CHANGE THE RULE(You cannot become a superhero if you are not born with a power), by killing of every real super and becoming the great superhero he wanted to be. AND, not only that, he actually wanted to make a sort of ''reverse revange to not only Mr.Incredible but to all the future supers as well, by making their powers available to the public. So, by the time, a super actually embraces his destiny, the general public will go ''A superhero? Pfft, I've seen better.''

Syndrome is one brilliant vilain, indeed.But, anyway, my point is,vilains are essential ordinary people who were so hurt they basically went ''So, you're being unfair to me? You're hurting me? Watch how that feels!'' *POW, POW*

Another thing interesting to point out, is that, at least in the Disney Universe, almost all of the rule breakers gets punished (if not murdered accidently or on purpose) for trying to break the ''holy rule'' (like, Ursula gets bannished for trying to take over the throne, but what if she had good ideas (aside from revenge?) Jafar tries to become ruler instead of letting a rather incompetent-looking sultan do it) Or, even Forte (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, AN ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS), all he really wants is not to loose the only one (The Beast) who pays attention to him.). Just for trying (perhaps, in a gruesome way) to get some respect or a right they lost, they are immediatly wiped out. So, the subtext of many Disney movies is ''Never break the law or disrespect the authority, even it treats you unfairly. If you question it, you are not Worth living.''

To conclude, as Syndrome himself said: '' See? Now you respect me, because I'm a threat. That's the way it works. Turns out there are lots of people, whole countries, that want respect, and will pay through the nose to get it.''

Interesting, I never looked at it that way before. The lesson of a lot of Disney movies seems to be, "don't upset the status quo."

The Scar example is very similar to what happened between Thor and Loki, in the Marvel cinematic universe. Loki was smarter, and a better ruler, Thor even admits this. Yet, Odin gives the Throne to Thor, simply because Thor is his biological son. What makes things worse, is that Odin raised Loki to believe that he had an equal opportunity to become the ruler of Asgard, and that he was "born to be a king." Furthermore, he hid the fact that Loki wasn't his biological son, and the fact that Loki is a Frost Giant.

Imagine learning one day that your whole life is a lie, that you're not even the species you thought you were. So, Loki tries to "give truth to the lie that was fed to him his entire life" and become king. He even tries to do it without killing Thor or Odin.

Which, is probably why Loki is more popular among fans than Thor. Like I said, the villain is often more compelling.

Interesting, I never looked at it that way before. The lesson of a lot of Disney movies seems to be, "don't upset the status quo."

The Scar example is very similar to what happened between Thor and Loki, in the Marvel cinematic universe. Loki was smarter, and a better ruler, Thor even admits this. Yet, Odin gives the Throne to Thor, simply because Thor is his biological son. What makes things worse, is that Odin raised Loki to believe that he had an equal opportunity to become the ruler of Asgard, and that he was "born to be a king." Furthermore, he hid the fact that Loki wasn't his biological son, and the fact that Loki is a Frost Giant.

Imagine learning one day that your whole life is a lie, that you're not even the species you thought you were. So, Loki tries to "give truth to the lie that was fed to him his entire life" and become king. He even tries to do it without killing Thor or Odin.

Which, is probably why Loki is more popular among fans than Thor. Like I said, the villain is often more compelling.

I have to admit, that, while I don't know a lot about Thor, in general, Loki intrigues me.

I have to admit, that, while I don't know a lot about Thor, in general, Loki intrigues me.

He's quite a good villain. If you like action, romance, and comedy, the Thor movies are a good watch. Though, it's best to watch all the MCU movies in order. Regarding Syndrome, he could have been like Iron Man under the right circumstances. A hero that's "built" not "born." Too bad he was consumed by vengeance.

He's quite a good villain. If you like action, romance, and comedy, the Thor movies are a good watch. Though, it's best to watch all the MCU movies in order. Regarding Syndrome, he could have been like Iron Man under the right circumstances. A hero that's "built" not "born." Too bad he was consumed by vengeance.
I don't really like Iron Man, that much. He seems arrogant and vain.

MCU?

It's never specified, but maybe the hyenas ate too much or something.

I think it's unfair to assume they did something when there is no mention of what. If it's not in the movie, it's not canon – and it's not in the movie.

Besides, aren't hyenas mostly scavengers?

I don't really like Iron Man, that much. He seems arrogant and vain.

Well, the most recent Marvel movie is pretty much about Captain America kicking his ass, so he loses some thunder. Though, I feel bad for Iron Man, he's been through a lot of stuff.

Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That includes the Iron Man movies, the Captain America movies, the Thor movies, the Incredible Hulk, the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Dr. Strange. It also includes TV series such as Agents of Shield, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, and Luke Cage.

I've always enjoyed continuity, which is one of the reasons why I like the MCU. It's all connected.

Mr Freeze from the Batman Animated Series definitely is a villain I feel sorry for - a man who only tried all he could to save his dying wife and had his life ruined all because of his greedy, heartless boss.
The final scene with Victor Fries and his snow-globe is one of the moments that does get me teary-eyed.

I definitely feel sorry for a lot of villains, but one line out the novel that I'm writing sums up the argument perfectly;
"You've gotten your revenge, what more do you want? Just because someone has caused you pain, it doesn't give you the right to cause the same pain to others. A person that knows what it means to feel pain should have all the more reason to stop others from feeling that same pain. Stop using your past to justify your actions now!" Katherine Nite

PS Please don't steal it. It's one of my favourite lines.

New Threads

Top Bottom