• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do this sound like autistic behaviours?

Iamnotarabot

Well I want to tell you a little story.

I was 15 and my best friend invited me to play football with him and a few of his friends.

I had to join them with my bike and the bike back brake had an horrible noise so I decided to not use it.
When I join my friend I was going too fast and I only used the front brake, and ofc It made me flew over my bike and I crashed on the ground, I broke 2 tooth and my face was realy hurted ( got lucky I didnt die that day maybe?)

Anyway, after that , I still wanted to play football and I did so, I didnt change the plan.

In your opinion , is it because i am autistic that I refused to go take some rest after that and seek some medical treatement? ( my friend found the missing tooth parts later in the day and the dentist put them back.)

Another funny moment, years later ( 19 or something around that age.) I started to do some workout, I was used to doing some curl but for no reason that day I was so focused on the exercice that I put the weight in my face and brooke my tooth again ( the same one they were ofc fragile.)

In your opinion is the fact that i am autistic ( in addition with being stupid.) influenced this?

Maybe you don't feel your bodies limits properly, or do not pay attention to them. I would say that could be autistic.
I am rather overly sensitive

What I would think might be autistic is the fact that I won't adapt to the situation, like I just had a bike accident on my way to footbal, and instead of trying to find my teet, get some rest and call a doctor I couldnt think of that and I did some footbal instead as I planned.

Maybe you don't feel your bodies limits properly, or do not pay attention to them. I would say that could be autistic.
I am rather overly sensitive

Well this is for the 2nd part of my message, but on this one yeah I often bump into things for instance, I dont know if its related or not. But i'v heard spacial awarness might be an issue for people on the spectrum.

Life is just plain dangerous. Boys usually make it more dangerous. I'm not sure if flying over the handlebars indicates autism. Everyone has experienced the physics of trying to stop using the front brake only. It's an event many of us remember well. This is how we learn. A child doesn't understand "hot" until they burn themselves. We have to test ourselves in the world and learn from our mistakes. It's all just human. We don't come with instructions.

I walk into furniture. I can't keep a good watch because I always slam my wrists into door jambs.

I don't know your mindset at that time. It could be due to autism, could also due to being male & saving face in front of your friends ("Yeah, I meant to do that!"). But only you would know if it was a face-saving measure, or if you were just being inflexible with events.

Life is just plain dangerous. Boys usually make it more dangerous. I'm not sure if flying over the handlebars indicates autism. Everyone has experienced the physics of trying to stop using the front brake only. It's an event many of us remember well. This is how we learn. A child doesn't understand "hot" until they burn themselves. We have to test ourselves in the world and learn from our mistakes. It's all just human. We don't come with instructions.

I walk into furniture. I can't keep a good watch because I always slam my wrists into door jambs.

I had the same problem with watch ! ^^

Well the thing I wanted to talk about wasnt the fact that I had an accident but the fact that I didnt change the plan I had after it even if I had like 2 broken tooth ( well actually 3 but we didnt find the part of the 3rd one now I remember xD) and half of my face scratched and bloody.
During that day strangers come to see if I was alright because they thought I got beaten or something.

The scratchs on my face too like 6 weeks to heal I have no marks.

That day I got lucky realy now I realize it.

It reminds me of another day, I was a kid like 12 and wanted to buy some candies at the store in the other side of the street, I crossed it on a pedestrian crossing but a car was coming and it hit me ( it was slow so no prb except a huge stress that I tried to hide.)

I told to my parents that I didnt see it but actually I saw it and during the second I had to make my decision it was like impossible to change my plan and simply step back.

I have those moments when I act reckessely just because I have somehing to do in mind , its dangerous and I should manage it , I dont know if its related to ASD.

In your opinion is the fact that i am autistic ( in addition with being stupid.) influenced this?

That sounds like all boys to me. There have been many occasions where one of my sons got hurt, continued to play, and didn't complain about it until we called them inside. And then they complained or cried so much that we wondered how they were able to keep playing in the first place!

It seems like boys often prioritize fun over pain.

I learned to not mainly use the front breaks from imagining what would happen if i do. Saw it happening to somebody.

Anyone can get distracted when they should be paying attention to potentially dangerous situations. As a child I was trained well to pay attention when crossing the street. Drivers can be careless or distracted also. A lot of people freeze when they realize they are being hit by a car. It's a shock, and you can't move. I froze two years ago when I saw a car turning from a main street come speeding toward me in the crosswalk of a side street. I honestly don't think he saw me until the last second. I crossed the street using all my Boy Scout caution, but I froze anyway. I was truly scared.

I have only recently known about my relationship to Autism and Asperger's. I am old enough to have an endless list of examples where I was clearly Asperger's spanning my life since early childhood. I have only taken 2 tests from online sites - both show clear Autism, but I suspect I am Asperger's because I don't have many symptoms outside of classic Asperger's, but my Asperger's traits are very strong. Consider taking some of the tests that many on this site have taken. Also, consider seeing a doctor who can give you a test under some professional supervision. The online tests warn you that the results of the test do not constitute a real diagnosis. My brother is trying to convince me to have a doctor's confirmation. Not a bad idea. I know I am Asperger's, but I wouldn't mind a detailed diagnosis. I wish I had known earlier in life.

I was 15 and my best friend invited me to play football with him and a few of his friends.

I had to join them with my bike and the bike back brake had an horrible noise so I decided to not use it.
When I join my friend I was going too fast and I only used the front brake, and ofc It made me flew over my bike and I crashed on the ground, I broke 2 tooth and my face was realy hurted ( got lucky I didnt die that day maybe?)

Anyway, after that , I still wanted to play football and I did so, I didnt change the plan.

In your opinion , is it because i am autistic that I refused to go take some rest after that and seek some medical treatement? ( my friend found the missing tooth parts later in the day and the dentist put them back.)

Another funny moment, years later ( 19 or something around that age.) I started to do some workout, I was used to doing some curl but for no reason that day I was so focused on the exercice that I put the weight in my face and brooke my tooth again ( the same one they were ofc fragile.)

I know other people go over top of bikes, some motorcycles. Boys are accident prone sometimes anyway. Maybe you just too excited to get with your buddies. Kids get focused on being afraid they gonna miss some fun.

People with autism tend to be ridged minded. You planned on playing football and you were going to play football, regardless of being smashed up. We are ridged about routines and plans and have strong reactions against anything that interferes or interrupts.

Plus if no one warn you about front braking hazards, you not know. I was taught in motorcycle riding class to always lock rear break before using front break when headed for an accident. We had to lock up our brakes and go into a skid to practice for accident avoidance. Blame it on your parents. Lol!

If you can get in touch with what you were feeling at the moment you will get your answer if you are able to do that. We’re you excited to play? Didn’t want to be left out Didn’t want to go home because your parents might make you stay in for the evening? Afraid they take you to a doctor? But if you had no feeling at all, maybe it autism.

People with autism tend to be ridged minded. You planned on playing football and you were going to play football, regardless of being smashed up. We are ridged about routines and plans and have strong reactions against anything that interferes or interrupts.
Is that why I rode a 20 mile marathon after going to the ER after having my finger cut as my husband drove off with it still stuck in the car door?

Is that why I rode a 20 mile marathon after going to the ER after having my finger cut as my husband drove off with it still stuck in the car door?

Probably.

Like with many things it's not exclusive to autism. "Keep calm and carry on" "And the band kept playing" "stay the course" are sayings for continuing undeterred. But I believe it's more promanent among those with autism.

I don't really know if it is an autism related trait.
I can only relate to how I feel in such situations and why I would continue on despite those things happening.
People with autism tend to be ridged minded. You planned on playing football and you were going to play football, regardless of being smashed up. We are ridged about routines and plans and have strong reactions against anything that interferes or interrupts
That is my mind set and says it all.
The old nothing's gonna stop ME!
And if something does that I can't control or go against...
well, you're avatar pretty well shows the look of how I would feel inside. :mad:

What I would think might be autistic is the fact that I won't adapt to the situation, like I just had a bike accident on my way to footbal, and instead of trying to find my teet, get some rest and call a doctor I couldnt think of that and I did some footbal instead as I planned.
Yes, if this is how you were feeling, it does sound like an autisitic trait. You didn't want to change your plans, no matter what. Also sensitivity to the sound of the bike's brakes.

Yes, if this is how you were feeling, it does sound like an autisitic trait. You didn't want to change your plans, no matter what. Also sensitivity to the sound of the bike's brakes.

Yeah that was stupid as hell this brake thing...but hey guess what it was my first real physics lesson I guess.

Not changing your plan isnt always an autistic thing , but when I look back at this it was completely stupid even for a 14/15 YO to do that.

I mean I was seriously hurt and broke 3 tooth, like wtf go home and do something about it now not like 10H later xD

New Threads

Top Bottom