• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do I have autism?

I've had trouble in the past understanding people and trying to interact with neurotypicals. It sounds like I have autism.

1. I get angry at perceived insults especially from my family. The police had to be called a few times.
  2. I have obsessive interests that I can't stop talking about
  3. I have barely any social skills (I can't read body language very well which gets me in trouble.)
  4. I've been bullied in grade school by my peers which led to me hiding myself behind the portable classrooms and cowering in fear from the school administrator's wrath.
  5. I'm very intelligent and articulate when it comes to my obsessive interests or my educational background.
  6. I'm single and living with my parents
  7. I'm not athletic so I enjoy literature and music.
  8. I often have to repeat myself verbally in order to understand something, which frustrates many of the people I deal with.
  9. I've spent my whole life trying to fit in, but I've failed miserably everytime.
  10. I've been discreetly bullied to the point that I've gotten in trouble and my abusers got off scott free.
Does it seem like I'm autistic? If so, how do I mitigate the effects of my problematic behavior? I need help.

Would it help you to read this? https://autisticadvocacy.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/WTTAC-Adult-FINAL-2.pdf

New Threads

Top Bottom