• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do aspies make good salespeople?

Something I've been thinking about. The only job I've ever had that I really loved was my sales job. I loved it because I could spend all day talking about things I loved. And I because I was passionate about what I was selling then I could sell well.

I think our honesty would also make us better sales people because we wouldn't lie to a customer.

Just a point of discussion ...

I think Aspies are very inquisitive and could sell the London Bridge over and over again, if they wanted to. Aspies can function in so many different ways it is usually not a challenge to perform in many different ways. I describe it as having a lucid mind, like quicksilver, with many little silver beads flowing through my brain, ever changing shapes, readily forming in patterns as I move through my day. Never the exact same, always changing, always surprising.

The only thing that keeps these beautiful beads from functioning like they should is the cold aura that is emitted from negative entities.

I think so as long as we're selling something we love to people who are like us. I'm glad you posted this, Dragon's Tooth, because I've been working towards a sales career for most of my college career because business fascinates me and I view sales as connecting things that solve problems to people with problems. I feel that honesty is critical for long term sales success because it results in repeat business and referrals.

I did alright but not outstanding in a technology sales internship because I worked really hard and learned sales processes on my own. Unfortunately, I'll graduate in around three weeks and I'm getting feedback in several interviews that I'll do far better in an analytical or pure technology role. I've been rejected from those types of roles since I attend a liberal arts college and have little direct technology or analysis experience.

One technology sales interviewer told me in a rejection that I remind him more of his customers than his sales people (which part of the reason I wanted the role). I feel it can be hard to get in the door. Interviewers tell me that I "need to relax," but I think my body is naturally tight since I've gotten that feedback my who life.

My current plan is to somehow learn technology skills, especially the Python Programming language and SQL, and see what opportunities technology presents. This is a scary time for me though.

New Threads

Top Bottom