• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do antidepressants and/or anxiolytics ever cause/caused you poor memory or reasoning skills?

another one for me was thyroid dysfunction, started to take seaweed tablets, they have a lot of iodine which you need, do you get enough potassium?, do you drink enough water, and a variety of vegetables or seafood, same again never realised how much my heart pounds if I don't kick it
do you take enough vitamin B,I was shocked
at the effect when I started to take more
vitamin

B ever realised I wasn't taken enough,
sorry if it's not clear, this is what happens with my phone

Yes, a number of anti-depressants can cause memory issues (although moderate or severe issues wouldn't be typical and I'd see a doctor asap). My anti-depressant definitely causes me some issues with short term memory (I already struggle with memory as it is!) but for me, it is beneficial in every other way so I don't really get bothered by it. I can see how it would be really stressful for things like math though. If you suspect it might be causing you memory issues, I would recommend talking to a doctor/psych and maybe trying another one.

New Threads

Top Bottom