• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do animals have a high affinity for you?

I get more joy being with animals than most humans, too. And as I posted before I still continue everyday to interact with the animals. I now have nine frogs living in my pool cage area. It is raining slightly here tonight, they were all out playing. Frogs actually play "leap-frog". I've watched the younger ones do this. They have their special buddy that they hang with and hug up together. I know where they sleep in the day and I go around checking they are OK. Most people are freaked at them jumping on them, but, I hand feed mine at night. They go to their places and wait for the flashlight and look to me for their food. Some get happy and playful. They sometimes hop onto me and walk around before jumping back off. One of the younger ones gets so eager for the food, he likes to grab my finger and chew on it. It's all fine with me. I've had pet frogs for four years now and only one grew old enough she died a few weeks ago.
It is also Monarch time and I've grown four butterflies from egg to caterpillars to chrysalis to the butterfly and set them free past week. I have two containers full of caterpillars right now, most large enough to probably chrysalis tonight. I raise the milkweed plant they need.
I have a big red grasshopper with only one hind leg. He would be easy prey, that came to my screen door. I made a home for him. Put yard grass and weeds in a big flower pot, covered it with a screened dome I made and he is living quite nicely in his 'home'. A little mixed salad greens is a treat.
I've had so many animal experiences it is just a natural part of everyday life for me.
PS. Took Mr. Grumpy I live with on a drive to the area I go to see the deer at night yesterday. Told him to just be quite and I found a group, pulled up to them, rolled the window down and they walked all around.
Another car came by and they moved into the shadows, then came back out when it left. Love it. :p

photos please !for some reason IM finding it harder to read English :-C need pictures everything are these little black marksx-(

I don't have pets yet. This beautiful ginger and white cat was looking at me outside through the kitchen window watching me make my breakfast. I really felt the energy of autumn coming in with its colours and serenity. I'm glad summer is over.

Where's my dinner?
Green-Tree-Frog-Photos.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom