• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dislike of making plans

Cogs Of My Cranium

While I totally understand aspie desire for planning future events out, somewhere along the way I seem to have rebelled against this. I'm now not a huge fan of planning ahead. If I have the money I want to do something (preferably with someone else if possible) on that very same day. I actually get frustrated with people who can't join me in my spontaneous bursts of action.

I think I just eventually couldn't take anymore the fact that most of the planning I do ends up either failing or not turning out how I imagined it was going to turn out. These plans become an extension of the fabric of me and if they change it not only hurts but feels like a waste of me.

Does anyone else not like planning things anymore?

While I totally understand aspie desire for planning future events out, somewhere along the way I seem to have rebelled against this. I'm now not a huge fan of planning ahead. If I have the money I want to do something (preferably with someone else if possible) on that very same day. I actually get frustrated with people who can't join me in my spontaneous bursts of action.

I think I just eventually couldn't take anymore the fact that most of the planning I do ends up either failing or not turning out how I imagined it was going to turn out. These plans become an extension of the fabric of me and if they change it not only hurts but feels like a waste of me.

Does anyone else not like planning things anymore?
I have moments when I prefer things planned and moments when I feel like winging it. As I get older though, I like plans more and more.

For things that go out of my comfort zone, I have to plan and even if they do not go according to schedule, it doesn't stop me still for the future planning ie something else that comes along.

But then again, if things are come up me suddenly, I get confused and sometimes have reacted with a NO, I can't and even put my hands to my ears and want to drown out what is being suggested. That is how I used to be, but these days, I tend to say: can you give me about half an hour, to give you an answer? And then I can calm myself down and enjoy the moment.

I guess I am not a spontaneous person; I like the idea of suddenly: hey, lets go and do such and such a thing, but the reality is quite different.

I am a realistic person and when I had to face facts that if my husband was not around anymore (death), I would be stuck. I live in a country that is not my birth place; I do not have a license and do not earn and at the time, lived too far from civilation that is ok for someone who has social anxiety.

That has gone now ie the feeling of panic about my future. We live somewhere else ( still the same country), but closer to amenities, although for me, might as well be as far away as possible! I had the experience of driving a car and discovered I can drive and the house we live in now, is in my name too; so all things that if I need, I can be logic about it, if the time comes to that.

I hate planning in fine detail my future, because to tell the truth, I am not enjoyiing getting older and so, I know I am getting older and thus, please don't remind me how old I will be in 10 year's time!

New Threads

Top Bottom